Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2017 21:00

Alienware 15-R2, Unble to install the AWCC

Pleeease, If you read this I beg for HELP!

I am having a MASSIVE headache trying to install Command Center in my Alienware 15 R2.

---------------------System info----------------------------
OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bit (What is "Single language"?)
Model: Alienware 15 R2
BIOS: 1.3.10
Processor: i7-6700HQ
RAM: 8GB
HD: NO HARD DRIVE
SSD: SanDisk SSDA240G
Video: HD Graphics 530 / GTX 970m
DIrectX: 12
----------------------------------------------------------------

Problems:

1-) Dell System Detect: First of all, this detection NEVER worked for me. I tried in all browsers, with firewall ON and OFF, ethernet cable and wifi. The dell website has simply never been able to detect my system. Never.

ERROR RETURNED #1: Driver detection not available: Please try again later or use the Find it Myself tab to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.

ERROR RETURNED #2: Download failure. An error occurred while downloading Dell System Detect. Cancel or Retry

2-) Command Center: Unable to install.

ERROR RETURNED #1:  This installation package is not compatible with this computer

----------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I INSTALLED ALL THE DRIVERS IN THE CORRECT ORDER SUGGESTED BY DELL. ONE BY ONE, RESTARTING THE COMPUTER EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I have tried dozens of Dell tutorials and resected my win10 5 times in 3 days. Always following the correct order of drivers installations.

Things I did to try to solve the problem:

1-) Deleting the folder "2.0" in %appdata% and Alienware folder in %programdata%

www.dell.com/.../SLN302974

2-) Making sure I have .NET 3.5 for Dell Digital Delivery

www.dell.com/.../EN

3-) Updated the BIOS to the latest version 1.3.10

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

4-) Running ALL the Dell BIOS Diagnostic (NO ERRORS)

5-) I personally went to a Microsoft store here in Sydney and they were surprised that they couldn't solve it as well

6-) I removed the old Dell (unsafe) Certificates and installed the Dell Foundation Services

www.dell.com/.../SLN300321

7-) Download .NET Frameworks 3.5, 4 and 4.6

anz.alienwarearena.com/.../alienware-command-center-not-installing

8-) Command Center Quick Guide

www.dell.com/.../en

9-) Aditional links I have tried:

anz.alienwarearena.com/.../alienware-command-center-not-installing

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 15th, 2017 13:00

February 17th, 2017 21:00

Hi Eimy,

I managed to solve the problem but now I have 2 new ones: 

What I did: 

1-) I opened the "case" today and changed the ram module from slot 2 to 1. Just for ocd reasons.
2-) I restored the BIOS to default settings, reboot and then I just double clicked the exe. Command Center file and it installed normally. 

So exact problem was "AW CC wasn't finding correct OEM strings for every hardware during the config check phase before installing the software".

The new problems are: 

1-) After chooseing the new color for my keyboard in the command center software and clicking APPLY nothing changes. I have to restart my computer for the colors to change. 

2-) The front left light is not working.

May I please have a Dell technician at my house to have a look at the computer? As I said, I went to microsoft and JB HI-FI here in sydney but nobody managed to solve it. 

February 18th, 2017 02:00

Hi Eimy,

I managed to solve the problem but others one come out.

What I did:

1-) I opened the "case" today and changed the ram module from slot 2 to 1. Just for paranoic reasons.

2-) As Vasudev suggested I restored the BIOS to default settings and then I just double clicked the exe. file and it worked normally.

So exact problem was "AW CC wasn't finding correct OEM strings for every hardware during the config check phase before installing the software".

The new problems are:

1-) The colors are not changing.. I pick the theme I want in the AlienFX app and click APPLY and nothing changes in my laptop. The colors are only applied after restarting the computer.

2-) The front left light is broken or the internal cable is loosen.

May I please have an technician at my home to have a look at it internally? Or are there any Dell physical support center in Sydney that I can go? I would love to visit it and bring my laptop with me.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 22nd, 2017 15:00

Send me a private message with the service tag so I can check.

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 17:00

Open AlienwareAlienFXTester in AWCC app folder,... and run the test that test the lights without using the app its self ( tester directly to the light ) so if it works then its software issue otherwise it is hardware. for more contact alienware support through twitter,

No Events found!