Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 30th, 2017 18:00

Alienware 15 R2 Windows 10 not booting - BSOD

Hi,

i have an Alienware15R2 signature bought through a deal at microsoft store in july 2017 (warranty just voided :-( ). Since a few weeks, win 10 is stuck, The laptop start on boot goes to the connection screen and then crashes to a BSOD. I've tried all options possible to restore it, it says restore is not possible event though I'm trying toi wype everything out.

The reset is not working I'm still ending with a message saying 'there was a problem resetting your PC"

the re is no restore point so I can get any restoration back to a period of time

windos can't find any system image backup^so no possible restore

startup repair always end with "startup repair couldn't repair your PC"

on boot I have various errors :"IRQL_not_less_or_equal" or "kernel security check failure" and the laptop fans are running out like mads

I was expecting to use eventually a usb key to repair the system, but I can get any info on my windows 10 serial, no sticker on the laptop and I'm not gonna pay for a brand new W10 licence as I already paid for one, I have no recovery drive, yes I know my bad, I should have done a set....

Any ideas to help me please ?

Thank you in advance folks...

Gihem

July 31st, 2017 06:00

Hi gihem.

you don't need a Windows Activation Key. Windows 10 will activate itself as soon as you have Internet Connection. just download Microsoft Media Creation Tool and create Windows Setup USB Drive or DVD. all you have to do later is download and install all important Drivers for your Model.

before you re-install Windows, run EPSA Test. hit F12 during Boot and choose EPSA. does it show any Errors?

but why are your out of Warranty so fast?

5 Posts

July 31st, 2017 07:00

Hi,

Thank you so much for your very fast reply, it's very very much appreciated. In fact I just got 1 year of warranty and support when purchsing the laptop through Microsoft store, and it ended 2 weeks ago, so I can't send back the product - unless at my own expenses and usually it's were the big bucks comes in :-)

I'll run the EPSA test this afternoon as soon as I will be back home and post the errors and results if any.

To be honest, I've been a little bit surprised by the laptop behavior over the last weeks, I've tried several time all the options to recover, reset, etc, tried to go through all the limited startup modes without any success at all.

I've tried to go through the cmd access, in order to get basic diagnosis like disk check and sfc to work basically but even activating the admin account to get anough credential to check was not possible and failed.

It's like the whole laptop system is getting at me, preventing any of my attempt to get in, very frustrating, if I was paranoid, I would say that my laptop is in full defensive mode against me :-)

I'm just hopping that it's not a physical issue.

Gihem

July 31st, 2017 09:00

ah, i get the Stuff regarding Warranty now.

okay. run the Test first and then we will see.

i hope it's just a Software Issue too.

August 1st, 2017 05:00

yes. you are correct. any Windows PC is good enough. just launch the Media Creation Tool and follow the Instructions. make sure you choose the correct Windows Version. your System came probably with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit preinstalled, right?

5 Posts

Hi,

I ran the EPSA testing (the complete one including the 3 hours memory and HDD testing and I got no errors, the result was :

epsa 4300.15 - success

all tests passed.
Validation 112058
I ran the So now next step is to create the USB Windows 10 booting Key I guess ?  I assume I don,t need a win 10 machine to proceed ? any windows based system will do right ?
Thank you again for all your help,  Carbon Based Lifeform it's very much appreciated.
have a nice one
Gihem

5 Posts

Yes, Win 10 home 64 pre-installed. As it will be the first time I will reinstall it, I just don't know the steps to follow not to lose my win 10 licence. I went on the Microsoft download site and they say you need a licence key prior to reinstall ? But ain't got one as it was preinstalled and I have no sticker on the laptop. Is there a specific option on the boot on USB that I should choose to ensure not losing my licence ?

thanks

August 1st, 2017 06:00

the License Key is stored on Microsoft Servers and in Laptops BIOS. last Time i re-installed Windows on my Alienware Machine it didn't even ask for a License Key. and even if it does during Windows Installation, just click on the Link which says "i don't have a Product Key" at the Bottom of the Menu and proceed with the Installation. Windows activates itself as soon as you have Internet Connection.

5 Posts

August 1st, 2017 06:00

Wonderfull, thanks a lot for all your help, very much appreciated, will keep you posted on success of the installation :-)

thanks a lot

have a nice one

Gihem 

No Events found!