Highlighted
Mike9x
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 R2 fans spin for 2-3 secs after logging to windows

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have my Alienware 15 R2 system for about 1 week and I love it!

There is one issue tho I am having when I log in to windows.

After about 5-10 minutes after entering my PIN and logging to windows the machine suddenly freezes for a while(2-3 sec) and the CPU fan goes to max speed then stops and then the GPU fan. Since then it does not happen at all again. Only when I reboot the laptop.

Anybody knows what could it be?

I have updated the intel HD 530 driver also the GTX 970M driver. The BIOS version is the newest.

Thank you very much for your time and help

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Alienware 15 R2 fans spin for 2-3 secs after logging to windows

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
l.herrera
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi,

We discussed this previously in another post, here.

I'm still facing this sudden fans acceleration from time to time, even after driver and Windows updates have been implemented.

Also, I have been through the ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system without any issues being reported.

Hopefully this will be solved sometime in the future...

0 Kudos
Mike9x
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have managed to fix my issue by downloading an Windows 10 iso file from microsoft, formatting the SSD and do a clean installation of the OS. I have downloaded all the software needed from my product site. My Alienware 15 R2 works perfectly now.

Thank you for your help

Mike

0 Kudos