Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2016 13:00

Alienware 15, Windows 10, Sound Issue

I have an Alienware 15, and while my sound works if I plug in headphones, there is no sound coming from the systems speakers. I have tried installing the audio drivers, but it tells me that I already have a newer version installed. 

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 16:00

It's working fine ... When you plug in headphones the audio is now going through the headphones ... Unplug them and it returns to normal . no sound should be coming from the system when you have headphones plugged in.

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 17:00

Do you have the sound muted ? I'm no expert that's really all I could think of

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 17:00

I guess I was not very clear. What I mean is when I have nothing plugged into the computer, even when the systems says its at full (100) volume, there is no sound. When I go to volume mixer and play a sound, for example going on YouTube, the volume mixer will register that there is a sound (the , yet there is no actual sound being played by the laptop. 

3 Posts

April 24th, 2016 12:00

No, the sound is not muted.

1 Message

May 1st, 2016 17:00

Having the same issue here... Tried a few things like reinstalling drivers but nothing has worked so far.

September 7th, 2016 07:00

Hi There! I've been having the same issue. Basically I have the Graphics amplifier and I use  external speakers all the time. But I noticed  when I take it as a stand alone laptop I would not have sound coming out the speakers only from 3.5 mm jack.

I tried several things including running a diagnostics test from bios setup and sound was working fine.

What finally solved it for me was:

1) Uninstall driver and make sure you click the option to remove the files.

2) DO NOT restart your PC right away (if you do windows will simply reinstall the drivers again)

3) Go to Recovery and boot the PC in Safe Mode. Then simply restart the PC from Safe Mode.

That worked for me however when I connect to the Amplifier and the external speakers I have the same issue again.

Hope this helps,  if it doesn't try running a diagnostics sound test from bios before step 3. Just cancel all other test and run sound only.

Good luck.!

No Events found!