November 9th, 2016 03:00

Alienware 15 r2 strange bump

Hey guys do u know what this is and should i be worried

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 9th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

We cannot seem to open the picture. Try sending us a private message with your Service Tag and the pic or a brief explanation of the issue so we can look into it.

276 Posts

November 9th, 2016 19:00

Wow, there is no way the unit should have shipped like that - even apart from the bump, the edge of the cover is very distorted and not seated down correctly.

If what you can see is that poorly assembled, imagine inside could be worse; yep, I'd be worried :-)

Is the area with the bump hot? It looks melted.

November 10th, 2016 02:00

Yes it gets really hot while gaming

11 Posts

November 11th, 2016 12:00

I have had this exact same issue. You need the DC-IN cable replacing inside. Lots of these machines have shipped with faulty DC-IN cables having too much resistance and almost causing it to melt. Check my picture when i had it.

If you take off your bottom lid you will most likely see a similar thing with yours.

IMG_0563-1.jpg

4745.Burnt Cable 2 17r3.jpg

November 13th, 2016 08:00

Hey i bought this in USA but nw im living in Guyana how can i get tht replaced i hv a few months warranty left

January 4th, 2017 12:00

Did Dell replace the cable for you? If so please tell me. It gets so hot that sometime I can't even touch that part of the laptop when in use, especially when gaming.

I have 29 days left in my warranty and I am thinking to extend it. because I'm worried that this will damage my laptop, and you know, repairing or replay parts of an alienware is pretty expensive.

No Events found!