Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2017 10:00

Alienware 15R3 Killer Wireless 1435 not connecting after sleep

My Alienware 15R3 is running the latest Windows 10 release (Creators Update) and running the latest wireless drivers according to the Dell download page. When I wake my laptop from sleep, it will not properly connect to my wireless network until I disable and re-enable the wireless adapter (it either connects without internet connectivity, or refuses to see any networks at all). This started shortly after the Creators Update. Is there any fix for this? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 10:00

Separately and carefully, try a clean-install of each of the following drivers. Test and document each one thoroughly. Be sure to uninstall old one (and any included driver-suites or apps) and reboot before moving to the next one. Only one needs to work.

Dell's validated version

Rivet's latest version  http://www.killernetworking.com/

The one Microsoft tosses you from Windows Update

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 23rd, 2017 15:00

Hi, 

Also, is your system running the latest Bios version? You can download it from here

3 Posts

May 24th, 2017 13:00

Update: I uninstalled all Killer and Qualcomm software/drivers (required using the revo uninstaller to get Killer to uninstall), rebooted, installed the Killer software directly from their site, rebooted, and everything so far seems fine. (I was already on the latest BIOS too). Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 26th, 2017 14:00

Thank you for confirming this.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 26th, 2017 20:00

acushner71 wrote:

Update: I uninstalled all Killer and Qualcomm software/drivers (required using the revo uninstaller to get Killer to uninstall), rebooted, installed the Killer software directly from their site, rebooted, and everything so far seems fine.  Thanks!

Good work.

Interesting. So, you installed the whole 95mb KillerPerformanceSuite_1.2.1302_Win7_Win81_Win10_x64.exe driver file with Killer Control Center and everything, huh?

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads 

21 Posts

May 30th, 2017 20:00

Well none of this has fixed it for me. And the Engineering team is making me go through the hoops of troubleshooting until they finally admit that this is not something that can be just "fixed" with a change in Router or Card Setting in Windows.

No Events found!