Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2013 03:00

Alienware 17 Delivery/Order wait

Awaiting my Alienware 17. Delivery date on Oct. 2.

7 days since I ordered.

27 days left.

From the legends who have posted many months ago, they say the wait is worth it. 

Updates may follow.

(Curious if anyone else wants to keep this thread alive  )

4 Posts

September 5th, 2013 03:00

heh I know that feeling, sadly I'm in the same boat but waiting for the repair instead of waiting for it to be built, got another 2 weeks at least and it's been gone 2 weeks already

16 Posts

September 5th, 2013 04:00

I completely understand, i started this thread and since then i've had to repair my m17 as well. They sent over someone to replace the 580m graphics card but found out it burned a hole into the motherboard so they ordered me a new one. Even though i had to wait another month for the build, it was worth it as i got a new m17 r4 model with the 680m. And they let me keep the extra stuff, so now i have 3 batteries 2 adapters and 4 500gb ssd drives. 

To the previous post: definitely keep the thread alive, i never imagined when i started the thread it would get so big, but within a few months it was one of the largest threads on the community site which brought a lot of attention to dell and there bad service. Not sure if it made a difference since i havent had to deal with them much since then but still, KEEP IT ALIVE!

4 Posts

to clarify, they initially told me that nvidia no longer makes the 580s anymore and that my only option is to 'upgrade' to the 6990, but after the texh replaced the video cards and it still wasn't working they had to depot it, to which apparently nvidia never stopped making the 580 and they were lying to me

4 Posts

lucky, I don't get anything for having to wait a month just for them to repair it, it'd be worth it if they would upgrade something, but was funny when alienware tried to sell me that the amd 6990 is BETTER than the nvidia gtx 580m, they ignored my question when I asked why the nvidia's were more expensive if they are worse in performance

No Events found!