Materme117
1 Nickel

Alienware 17 Display driver 320.49

So, I was trying to update the display driver for the GTX780M inside the computer to Driver 320.49 and every time it says it cannot find Compatable hardware. But, I download Nvidia Driver 311.48 it Installs with out incident. Can this computer not be updated through Nvidia? If I try to update through the driver its self it says that the newest version is already installed.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alienware-Natal
4 Germanium

Re: Alienware 17 Display driver 320.49

Hi,

When you update the drivers, it's better to download and install the update and not run the update from the Nvidia control panel, or even a clean driver installation as explained in this article:

Alienware: Video Driver Clean Installation

Alienware-Natalia
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Materme117
1 Nickel

If I try to update via the Nvidia Drivers built-in updater it does not find a new version. It is currently on 311.48 yet it refuses to find a new version. If i download Version 320.49 from the Nvidia website it Says I do not have Compatable hardware 

0 Kudos
89fordprobee
4 Ruthenium

my guess the reason it fails to update from NVidia panel is because its possibly  due to being a BETA release and not a full release.... so it might not  fully support dell's OEM cards yet....

Alienware X51 R3 

M18X R2  Smiley Happy  (again)  

Inspiron 11 Flip , Studio 1535 ,Inspiron 6400

Previous Systems:

M18X R2, M17X R2 ,M17X R1, XPS M1730 & M1530, Inspiron 17R

Posting Tips:
- Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
- Click the button if we answered your question.

I answer questions here, but
I'm not a Dell employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Futokuko
1 Nickel

Your machine will try to block any drivers that are not signed by dell/alienware.

I have the exact same system and have been struggling to make updated drivers work. Essentially we will have to wait till dell/alienware sign some new drivers. there are ways around this but its a huge pain in the but..the best solution is to put pressure on dell/alienware to test and sign some new drivers fro these machines, let me know if you find a solution that works after a reboot.

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Checkout my reply on this thread.

Alienware-AlexanderJ
Dell | Alienware Technical Support & Community Manager Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos