Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2015 22:00

Alienware 17 Laptop Display Adapter Issues

Hi, I recently began using my brother's Alienware laptop for gaming and I know that the 17 comes with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 GPU. However, none of my games are launching properly and some of them give messages along the lines of "Your machine does not meet the minimum requirements for this game: missing GPU info" or something like that. So I go to my device manager which reassures me that the 860M is "working properly". Based on previous answers to similar issues, I tried going from 'Desktop>Screen Resolution> Advanced settings' in order to see if there was a problem there. Turns out, it isn't recognizing the GPU at all and just has a bunch of N/A's or unavailable's for everything. So my question is, what the heck is wrong with my GPU?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 28th, 2015 15:00

Hello Dooflockey,

The GPU may require an update on the driver. Try downloading and installing the latest driver version 350.12 from the Nvidia site. Click here to access the Nvidia site link.

Once you have the latest driver, check in the Nvidia Control Panel and make sure to set the games to run in high performance. Click here to view an video which explains how to set this up. 

Please let us know if this works. 

No Events found!