Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2014 05:00

Alienware 17-R1, No sound and the Troubleshooting articles didn't help.

I'm really getting fed up with this. This Alienware 17 isn't even 2 months old, just came back from repairs where four of the parts were defective and replaced and it STILL ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY. Not only is it being really slow on start up and to perform basic tasks like making a new folder, the audio isn't working. I've tried re-installing the audios but the RealTek ALC3361 codec keeps saying it failed to install for some reason. So i extracted without installing then installed it that way, and upon restart it said DSD 3756 was not responding. I did it again after trying to install the audio drivers from the resource DVD and then it said DSD 3188. The Icon for volume down in the corner also had a red circle with a white X on it, not like how it usually is when it's muted with the sort of 'no smoking' red circle with a diagonal line. And it's also the first time it showed that, all the other times it's shown the normal unmuted icon. I also keep hearing a popping from the speakers like it's desperately -trying- to work even when there's nothing that would be playing audio on the computer. I rebooted and did the boot manager to check for problems and it said there was no problem but I have absolutely no faith in it since it couldn't detect the defective parts before. And again on reboot from that I got a DSD 4220 (or something similar, I have problems mixing up numbers and I'm surprised I got the first two errors down in time). I'm really fed up with this. I'm usually a very patient person but I'm just about at the end of that. I bought this computer because it's supposed to be one of the best but my 3 year old piece of  Acer that cost 500 bucks works better than this thing does. 

1.8K Posts

June 2nd, 2014 09:00

Hi CJaneM,

I have replied to the message you sent to me and I will continue to follow up with you via PM.

No Events found!