Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2016 02:00

Alienware 17 R3 - SSd upgrade questions

Morning all,

I made the bad choice of purchase within a SSd in the machine and its so slow.

Want to buy a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will this be compatible to just put in place of the factory hard drive?

48 Posts

May 16th, 2016 02:00

I have the 17 R3 with an 850 Pro M.2 which when I first got it boot up time took 7 seconds now its slowed down to about 30 seconds. Once fully booted its fine and things open in seconds but cannot figure out why.

I don't see why not as the hard drive is a 2.5 just like the SSD but your speeds won't be as fast as the M.2 slots

2 Posts

May 16th, 2016 05:00

Hi Gjdemon

I do not even own an alienware laptop at present,but during internet research into all things alienware ,i came across people with the same problem with SSD' s Many people say that you should download a free windows program called SSD  Tweaker,they say its easy to use and makes a massive difference, I have seen an Alienware 17 review on you tube ,by a guy called Matt Poole (might be wrong about the name though,was a while ago) but you will probably get to the right reviewer,after a bit searching about,but he said it was a great help.Hope that Helps.

No Events found!