Please review my screen shot. Please note the following:
- Fresh installation of Support Assist (latest version as of 7/26/16)
- Fresh installation of Intel ME Interface drivers after SupportAssist failed to complete upon reboot.
- Even with fresh installation of Intel ME Interface drivers, SupportAssist still reports driver update available (that's because the system has xxxx.1172 and won't install to xxxx.1173 - even after downloading the most recent one straight from Dell's Support driver/software update page)
- I downloaded the latest available drivers from Dell. It states its for xxxx.1173, but installs xxxx.1172 in the Device Manager review (i did a clean uninstall and reinstall of said drivers for the Intel ME Interface)
- Interestingly enough, if I look in the Control Panel's "Programs and Features", it reports version xxxx.1173 for the Intel ME Interface. However, in the actual "Device Manager" section, you can see it reports a xxxx.1172 driver.
- Attempts to update the driver straight from the "Device Manager" area does not update to xxxx.1173. It reports that I'm already using the most updated version of said driver.
Please advise, update, or report said issue to resolve the "false" positive in Support Assist for Alienware 17 R3 users. Thank you.
We'll send it to the developers for review and thanks for the feedback.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:
According to Dell (private response to my OP), for any of you experiencing this issue, don't expect it fix till around Jan 2017.
Yeah. You heard me right and that wasn't a typo .... Jan 2017 for a false positive/issue with reporting wrong driver #s.
Sigh. *smh* Unacceptable time table Dell - we pay good $$$ for a premium product and service. If I wanted shoddy service I'd of gone with an inferior product. Get with it.