Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2016 22:00

Alienware 17-R3, Won't turn on!

I just got the Alienware 17-R3 four days ago. For two days, it was amazing. It ran all games perfectly but on the 3rd day I pressed Shut Down and It acted like normal but later that day I went to play my games like I did the other 2 days and It just wouldn't turn on I removed the battery and reconnected it It won't work with the AC adapter With the battery or both. When I listened to it When I held down the power button the fans turned on for a split second and  automatically turn off. Can someone please tell me whats wrong?

79 Posts

June 27th, 2016 08:00

Check out my forum thread, this will help you

en.community.dell.com/.../19982644

3 Posts

June 27th, 2016 10:00

i have the same error as you. Dell only replaced my motherboard, and it was working again. less than 2 weeks.. and it happened again. What's going on?

June 28th, 2016 23:00

I've just had the same issue. Received my brand new Alienware 17 two days ago. It was running perfectly. I shout it down last night and this morning it's completely dead. So disappointing considering how expensive these computers are and that I waited almost two weeks to get it.

2 Posts

June 29th, 2016 09:00

I dont know I just sent it back to dell for fixing hopefully It will be fixed but I have a lot of doubt in my head right now

10 Posts

July 31st, 2016 08:00

I have the exact same problem. This is after multiple issues from my purchase in February when Dell finally replaced my Alienware 17 R3 with a refurbishment. Now only after a few weeks this replacement won't even turn on like the others in this post. I have to say, for this being the 1st Alienware I have purchased it is probably my last. I expect better quality on a $2,000 laptop.

1 Message

August 9th, 2016 23:00

The CMOS reset is just to bring the dead laptop up, it does not solve the problem. Sooner or later the laptop will hit the problem again.

I tried all versions of BIOS from 1.2.15 back to 1.2.8, and NONE solved the problem. Even with 1.2.8 that other people said does not have the problem, I still run into the problem.

This is ridiculous. Dell is essentially selling a defective product and they can't even get the BIOS fix right. I wasted a lot of time and energy on this.

No Events found!