as91
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware 17 R4 Dell Stock Image Recovery Restore

If you've lost your OS that came with the system, there's absolutely no way of getting it back. Don't restore anything from Dell.com or DESB because they're both horrible. Your best bet is to download Windows straight off Microsoft and download all the Alienware customization and software from Dell Support

ArsenDeo
1 Copper

That is how I currently have it but I am missing a lot. I wanted to send Tha PC back because I paid 2700 dollars for it and it should have been this way in less than 4 months. I don't install crazy things in it and have only played some games. Alienware-Eimy‌ Alienware-Eimy‌can you help out with this? 

0 Kudos
dchesebro
1 Copper

I am having this same issue, is there a total restore disk/software that I can download to get all of my "bells and whistles" back? My issues was I did the update to creator and received a virus, I contacted Microsoft and they found corrupt files that couldn't be fixed. I had to do a factory wipe and re-install windows 10 and lost all of my Alienware software. I was able to download some of the software but I know that I am still missing a great deal. Please help!

Hi, I got my 17 R4 two and ran Windows updates, Dell Driver Updates and all that. I think somewhere along the process, I got upgraded to the Creator's Edition and I'm not sure problems existed before the updates but they certainly existed afterwards. My Default Username in the C:\Users section and elsewhere was being defaulted to first 5 letters of my name, I was seeing graphic bugs in games like Dota 2 with all the drivers updated etc.

So I decided to wipe and do a fully clean install using the stock image provided on Dell.com for my system and a flash drive. Little did I know this was a fully Windows 10 Home Stock image and I lost all my Alienware software swag. I managed to restore most of the software components through the Dell website (Command Center, OSD etc) and ran the Digital Delivery as well (which I felt didn't really install anything), the clean system reinstall fixed my issues, but I'm now seeing some missing swag like No Alienware logo in the System properties, No Alienware Theme and maybe more. 

How do I take this Stock image from Dell to go back to exactly how it was with all the Alienware stuff when I received the system? Thanks

0 Kudos
mansonfraek
1 Copper

So, I'm gonna seem super dumb but how do I PM you on this forum because I'm having the same issue and none of my function keys work my macro keys don't work and command center doesn't load

0 Kudos

Hover the cursor over my username and hit Message. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
as91
1 Nickel

Most of the essential Alienware software is found in on the Dell Support website using your Service Tag. You can find wallpapers and Themes on the Internet. You can make your "This PC" or System Properties logo as Alienware using custom 3rd party softwares and uploading the Alienhead image, and also edit other system info using it. That should bring it as close to factory OS as possible.

0 Kudos
as91
1 Nickel

Don't worry. Messaging them isn't going to help much either. 

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

What exact model do you have?

Go to support.dell.com. For your model, get and install (sounds like you are missing):

- OSD

- Command Center

Intel Chipset should have been first driver manually installed.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AlienLayer
1 Copper

This same thing happened to me a few days ago and after talking to several Dell and Alienware representatives I still can't get my brand new Alienware 17 R4 back to its stock configuration. How is it possible for Dell to sell such an expensive system and not make a stock configuration restore possible? Can someone help me with this please?

0 Kudos