Okay so here's the deal
1. I close my laptop. Leave it closed for some time (put it in my backpack, drive somewhere, take it out my backpack).
2. I open the laptop, and the Alienware Alien head button lights up. Press some keys on the keyboard, and they light up too.
3. However, the screen stays black for at least 1 minute - 2 minutes, until it finally comes on.
4. I've tried changing the power settings like "change what laptop does when lid is closed" but every option produces the same results.
5. It does this plugged in as well as unplugged.
6. The screen works perfectly afterward, but the 1-2 minute for the screen to turn on is very annoying, especially coming from a $2,200 laptop. My XPS 15 didn't have this problem.
Anyone know what's going on?
Update the BIOS version to the latest as well as the video driver and let me know!
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:
Hello please help me, I've been in bed for more than 3 years and 4 months because of an accident in 2014, I have conditions to go back to the games and I really miss the happiness I had with people I met, I'm not lying And I can prove it, My situation is very difficult.