Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2016 18:00

Alienware 17 laptop shutdown while gaming

Hey guys,

Seeking help here!! Thanks for help in advance.

My Alienware shutdown (not restart, just shut down) only while i am gaming. sometimes it shutdown after 45 mins of gaming, sometimes 10 mins. I usually play ESO and new Hitman these days. I guess the problem is probably CPU or video card or overheating. Then I run some test. 

But The wired thing is when I run the Video card stress test by Dell support assist, my alienware sometimes can pass it, sometimes it will shutdown again during the test. the temperature is around 70 c on the report when it passes the test. I also run CPU stress test and it passes. I also tried to adjust the battery to high performance, but still the alienware will shutdown while gaming. btw, i also updated the BIOS.  

I don't know whether this is because of hardware, but I just can't figure out if it's the problem of my video card, why it can still pass the stress test sometimes. 

If anyone knows what's going on with my alienware, please help me. I really appreciate!!!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 16th, 2016 12:00

Hi, 

Since the system turns off completely, it sounds more like a hardware problem probably with the video card. It may be best to send it in for repairs so our technicians can check it and repair it. If your system is in warranty, send me your Service Tag in a PM for hardware assistance. 

No Events found!