Highlighted
squalabot
1 Copper

Alienware 17 nVidia Installations Failure Win 10

I've been getting a tremendously low frame rate of about 30-80 fps in games recently, and I figured that it was because I hadn't installed the required drivers after Windows 10 was installed. (I had a mortifying problem with Windows 10, halfway through the installation, it blue screened and fractured my OS, so I had to start anew basically, and download all the prior software.) When I attempt to install nVidia Experience again, it says I haven't got an nVidia gpu, which I know is completely false. Same outcome with individual drivers as well. I went to the Alienware Windows 10 support page and saw that one should uninstall prior drivers and etc. before reinstalling, and I found a fractured folder with the old nVidia software in it, none of which work. I attempted to do the setup from the files inside, but the config files are apparently missing.

Edit: I installed Nvidia Experience successfully, however the drivers refuse to download.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Alienware 17 nVidia Installations Failure Win 10

Hi, 

Can you please confirm what you show in Device Manager, under Display Adapters?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos