Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2015 17:00

Alienware 17 r1 AlienFx on Windows 10, not working.

As simple like the title, Upgraded my windows 8.1 to 10 on August. Everything looked that passed perfect, but then playing, I noticed my lights were still on green(last color I selected using windows 8.1), no changes, all lights just green! I tried to change the color through Command Center, no effects, in fact I noticed that the Alien Head in the taskbar, now has red eyes. Uninstall, reinstall CC I did it several times, I tried AlienFx Tester works normally!
I rebooted my computer, always green even if I could change the color through AlienFx Tester.
Pliz It is almost a month with this issue! Checking all forums, couldnt find a solution!
Every help will be grateful.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 18th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Try flashing the latest Bios version. Click here for the download link. Make sure you are using the 3.6 version of the Alienware Command Center application. 

3 Posts

September 18th, 2015 15:00

My CC is 3.6.4 and after checking my BIOS version, "wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion" it s written A14.
Any other idea ??

3 Posts

September 19th, 2015 15:00

You think it can be a problem of the .NET Framework ??

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 21st, 2015 16:00

Hi,

I don't think it could be the .NET Framework because that comes with the Windows updates which I assume you have already done. You could try creating a new theme in the Alien FX menu to see how it responds with the lights, perhaps there is something wrong with the theme that you are using. 

No Events found!