Highlighted
Romanzier
1 Nickel

Alienware 17 r2 fail the first boot

hi guys, i uploaded a video on youtube displaying my problem, here is the link:

www.youtube.com/watch

i tried everithing: downgrade of EMI driver to a 10.x version, eliminated all the drivers that were in conflict with windows 10, turned off the suspension feature and the fast boot.

What do you suggest?

I tried several times the diagnostic serivce on bios screen (no the one of support assist, which i unistalled) and founds no issues.

I have 3 drives, the legacy one on 2,5'' of  1TB and 2 m.2 ssd samsung 850 evo of 128 gb and 512 gb.

I also switch the initial 8gb ram with a corsair sodimm 1600 mhz 1,35 1,5v cl9 16 gb

0 Kudos
8 Replies

RE: Alienware 17 r2 fail the first boot

Hi, 

Are you running the latest Bios version for your system?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Romanzier
1 Nickel

the bios is the latest one, A06

0 Kudos
Romanzier
1 Nickel

i tried also a reset to default options in the bios, but nothing changed.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Have you also tried reinstalling Windows or doing a factory restore?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Romanzier
1 Nickel

I will try that. Meanwhile, i tried to put back the stock 8gb ram that comes up with my alienwarw instead of the new one i bought. Now at startup the pc seems to load well. Is there a method to find compatibles ram memories with my aw 17r2? can it be a compatibility issue?

0 Kudos
Mollynator
1 Copper

UPDATE: I restored windows to factory settings, without installing any driver (apart from command center and sound blaster audio). Then i took my ram modules (that semmed to be fine with the diagnostic test of the alienware), i took to another pc and tried with memtest. Well, in one stick the utility found a problem. With a working ram, the pc turns on everytime normally. It seems that i found the issue.

GUYS, DO NOT TRUST ALIENWARE DIAGNOSTIC TEST, NOT ALWAYS WORKS! ESPECIALLY FOR RAMS, TRY THEM WITH MEMTEST AND AT LEAST 8 PASSES!

0 Kudos

Hi, 

The memory type supported for the Alienware 17 R2 is 1600 MHz, dual‑channel DDR3L and the maximum supported is 16GB.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Mollynator
1 Copper

www.corsair.com/.../vengeance-16gb-high-performance-laptop-memory-upgrade-kit-cmsx16gx3m2b1600c9

those are the memory i bought. I guess they are compatible, but one of them probably is defective

0 Kudos