8 Krypton

Alienware 17 r4 stuttering issue when REAR IS RAISED (4 laptops tested)

I tested 4 alienware laptops with the gtx 1070 i7 7820hk, they stutter and have a lot of microfreezes in games especially noticeable in battlefield 1 when the rear of the laptops is raised, no stuttering when the laptops were flat. Like I said tested on 4 Alienware 17 R4 laptops all same configs, same issue. What happened to "Engineered to wreak Havoc" ?? this is a serious issue that dell/alienware has to take into consideration. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 r4 stuttering issue when REAR IS RAISED (4 laptops tested)

Hi ‌,

Send me a private message with the 4 service tags so I escalate this to engineering. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Re: Alienware 17 r4 stuttering issue when REAR IS RAISED (4 laptops tested)

any Chance you watched the Fan Speed during the four  Tests? my Guess is the Fans don't spin properly when your Laptop is tilted. i noticed something similar with one of my older GPUs. i own an Area 51 where the Cards are mounted diagonally and the EVGA 980TI Card didn't like it at all.

0 Kudos