Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2017 16:00

Alienware 17 wont boot after keyboard and power bottun turn on

Dunno what really happened. My alienware won't boot. As soon as I turn it on it makes the normal noise and then keyboard turns on then the power botton. It stays like that with no signs of Windows screen. Mouse touch pad is dead as well as caps lock botton.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 21st, 2017 09:00

Hi, 

Please try doing a power drain, to do a power drain, please follow the steps below. 

• Shut down the system, once it’s powered off, disconnect the AC adapter. 
  • Disconnect the battery (refer to this video for removing the battery, this procedure applies to the Alienware 17 R1, also known as the Alienware 17 R5 Ranger).
  • Disconnect all external devices (USB devices, headsets, external monitors, etc.)
  • Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Connect everything again and turn on the system.

If it continues to do the same thing, please send me your Service Tag in a private message (you can send me a PM by selecting the “Message” option on my username window, just hover your mouse to my username to bring up this window).

3 Posts

March 21st, 2017 10:00

I also tired to send you a message directly and I got an error message states "You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

3 Posts

March 21st, 2017 10:00

I already reached that dead end. I tried to do a power drain yesterday and it didn't help.

I'm trying to send you my service tag but it looks like there's no "Message" option on your username window. All I see is "follow" can I just send it here? or can you please send me a pm and I'll reply to it?

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 21st, 2017 15:00

Hi, 

I am going to send you a PM, please reply to me there with your Service Tag and I will look into this. Thank you. 

No Events found!