Highlighted
Selvaggio
1 Nickel

Alienware 17R3 Touchpad Auto Disables

The touchpad automatically disables.  Once that happens, it cannot be restored.  The FN+F11 does not work.  The Support Assist fix does not fix the problem.  I have updated the drivers for the touchpad and that also has not fixed the problem.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
17 Replies

RE: Alienware 17R3 Touchpad Auto Disables

Hi,

Can you connect an external mouse to confirm if the same thing happens with the mouse? Is this is an out of the box issue or it was working fine at first?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Selvaggio
1 Nickel

It did not start out of the box.  It has no effect on the mouse.  The mouse works fine.  It seems to have occurred sometime after I attached a wireless mouse.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try booting to Safe Mode to confirm if the same things happens in Safe Mode?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Selvaggio
1 Nickel

I restarted in safe mode and it works fine.  The fn-11 works and I can plug-in and unplug the usb mouse connector and still use either one.  But when started again regularly, the same problem occurs and the touchpad auto-disables and cannot be restored.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for confirming this. Did you make sure to delete all of the software that came with your wireless mouse?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
PsychoEd200
1 Nickel

i found a fix that works.

Uninstall Synaptics application in Apps and Features and

Uninstall synaptics driver from device manager under System Devices not Mice and other pointing devices.

Once i did that its been working flawlessly for the past 2 days.

0 Kudos
PsychoEd200
1 Nickel

if you delete the touchpad software and device driver in system devices. after restart the touchpad works

0 Kudos
Selvaggio
1 Nickel

I uninstalled the mouse software and now it works when I remove the usb connector for the mouse.  I doubt this is how it was intended, but at least I can use the touchpad now.  I just cannot access all of the features of the mouse.

PsychoEd200
1 Nickel

I uninstalled the mouse software and now it works when I remove the usb connector for the mouse.  I doubt this is how it was intended, but at least I can use the touchpad now.  I just cannot access all of the features of the mouse.

Glad you got it working. Make sure your system update doesnt re-install software. If it does just uninstall Touchpad application again. *** cant use gestures.

0 Kudos