Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 6th, 2017 18:00

Alienware 17R4 "tron light" issue (always off)

Greetings.

I have an admitedley minor issue with my 17R4, where the right-side "tron light" strip at the base of the system (not on the display) will not light-up anymore.

According to AlienFX, this is light number 10. It just stays permanently off, as if it is burnt-out, although since this system is less than a year old, that seems unlikely. It was working properly when I first bought the system.

I ran the AlienFX tester with the same results, all lights work except that one.

Following a YouTube teardown video, I proceeded to open the case and check the cables for any "pinch points" (a fairly common issue from reading other forum posts). I saw none on my cables.

So any ideas on what could be going on here? Could the LED really burn out so soon? Do I just need to replace the strip?

I know it's not a lot to go on, but that's literally all the info I have right now.

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 10:00

Hi ‌,

If the same happens with the AlienFXTester, then yes, looks like a hardware problem. Send me a private message with the service tag so I can assist you further.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 7th, 2017 12:00

PM Sent.

Thanks.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2017 19:00

How can I message you?

2 Posts

November 17th, 2017 19:00

I am getting the same issue, hardware problem...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 20th, 2017 15:00

Just hover the mouse over my username and hit message. Please send me a PM with an explanation of your issue and your service tag.

No Events found!