Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2017 17:00

Alienware 17r3 Bubble formed on bottem of case

Hey all, 

So, Here is my story.

I purchased an Alienware  17r2 about a year and a half back... It worked alright until it started crashing and a bunch of *** happened to it, did not make me happy. I also noticed a bubble forming on the bottom of the case, later i found out was the Battery connector area. Anyways it started crashing and warrenty sent me a new Alienware 17r3.

So Dell was stubborn enough to use the same failing parts for the new revision, The bubble formed again, as with the other one, it only gets hot when charging. Ive seen it get up to 110C before, I have taken some thermal shots of the case, You can see them below.

Unfortunately, the computer is out of warranty, but this is a design problem, You better fix this dell.

Im going to pop the case open and see whats up. will post them when i have them.

These are the temps after bout 5 mins.

6 Posts

January 18th, 2017 17:00

Ive seen people with connecters that look burnt on other posts... IM guessing thats what i have here.

Dell... You sold me another faulty computer.

6 Posts

January 18th, 2017 18:00

Alright, Ive opened it...

You can see some obvious charing on the DC-IN connector... Im guessing it was underspeced...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 19th, 2017 09:00

Hi,

Send me a private message with the service tag please.

6 Posts

January 19th, 2017 11:00

Also the keyboard repeat speed keeps resetting to extremely slow, and when I try and set it back it will go back to slow after restart.

6 Posts

January 29th, 2017 22:00

Alright the brightness is going up and down, while im pushing it semi hard the input power goes on and off now. taking it apart again to see *** is up.

No Events found!