Highlighted
AdamGomez1987
1 Copper

Alienware 18 Laptop - Hard Disk Problem

I was watching a random video on youtube and out of nowhere my laptop received the blue screen of death and crashed. When I rebooted the laptop, the computer was loading horribly slow and when I rebooted it a couple more times, it will not even attempt to go to the main screen.  It stood on "Starting Windows" for a very long time. I am now on a black screen able to move my mouse cursor with nothing to click. 

When I attempted to do a system repair, it sent the following message: 

A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from Starting

Contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk.  

This is the information I know of my laptop:

ALIENWARE 18 i7-4700MQ 8GB 750GB DUAL 2GB GTX765M SLI 1080P DELL

Based on the video below from Alienware Services youtube page, I pressed F2 and like the three videos that are highlighted, the top two are recognized with the 3rd one at the bottom is not detected.

youtu.be/yDxO8cKklPo

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Alienware 18 Laptop - Hard Disk Problem

Try running the PSA diagnostic just to make sure the hardware is in good conditions.

As well try to login in safe mode by pressing F8 at the start up and perform a system restore if that doesn't work you might need to reinstall windows. 

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos