Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2015 09:00

Alienware 18

Hi there [:)], I've an alienware 18, with a I7,4800mq, 2 gforce 770m-sli with 16Gb ram.

Ive been having some problems of late with my laptop. I've recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 pro. I had some issues but now everything seems to be ok, bar 1 massive issue. Thanks to an update ( overclock lvl1) provided by dell download driver my laptop was able to do a little overclocking. But when I upgraded I had to revert my BIOS to standard setting before hand. Afterwards when I went to change my bios settings back to (lvl1) I get a blank screen and a sounding of 3 short beeps, pause then another 3 short beeps repeatedly. I have to turn my laptop off and on again just to get it to start up normally.

Can anyone please PLEASE explain to me what the beeps mean/wrong and if there is a solution.

My core's run normally at [37][36][35][35].

When I select the lvl1 O/C the go to, [39][38][37][37].

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 28th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

In the Bios, try pressing the F9 key to load optimized defaults, then select the lv1 O/C option and restart the system. Let us know if it continues to do the 3 beeps.

August 29th, 2015 10:00

Hi Rodrigo, yea that worked perfectly. Thank you so much, it did a scan and repair on driver (c;) after it restarted. Can you explain to me what was the problem, just so that I know. Thanks again.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Hi, 

You're welcome, I'm glad we could help. I have seen this issue before and it always seems to fix itself by loading the optimized defaults in the Bios, its like a glitch in the Bios firmware that causes the system not to boot. 

No Events found!