Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2011 11:00

Alienware AW2310 23" 3D & ATI?

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an Alienware AW2310 23" 3D Monitor but I have an ATI 5970 2GB Graphics card, I know the site is saying that this monitor works with NVIDIA but I was wondering if it would also work with ATI? Is there any ATI 3D Vision that may work, or would the NVIDIA 3D glasses work with the ATI card?! 

Many thanks,

Mark. 

16 Posts

November 11th, 2011 05:00

Nvidia 3D Glasses won't work with a ATI card. They require Nvidia GTX cards.

2.4K Posts

November 12th, 2011 05:00

ATI will not work with the Alienware monitor. You can make ATI do 3D but it' wont do it out of the box and it is very hard to set it all up.

First you need the software which is not free. Then you need to buy a monitor that will work with the software ( your Alienware monitor will not work ) and then you need the glasses but most of the ones that sell the monitor sell them with the glasses. If they dont then ofcourse you need to buy the glasses too. Then when all that is done and when/if you get it to work you will need driver support...GL with that one.

If you want 3D you should really go with a Gforce card. It is plug and play,has a lot of support for games, works with the Alienware monitor and works 1000x better then any ATI you could get working.

No Events found!