Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 31st, 2016 00:00

Alienware Alpha Controller Issue

Hello,

I received an Alienware Alpha as a gift. It is the base i3 model that isn't the steam box. Anyways I upgraded the ram to 8gb and the harddrive to a ssd, got everything reloaded and I want to use the console mode. Well the system unfortunately came with a Wired XBOX 360 Afterglow Controller and I cannot seem to get this thing to work in console mode, I know it works with games because in desktop mode I can use it for Battlefield 4. I really want to hook this up to my TV but have yet to because of the issues with the controller not working perfectly. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

CA8OOS3 

4 Posts

March 31st, 2016 17:00

I hope that I can get some help with this issue..anything would be awesome

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 31st, 2016 19:00

Hi, 

Try reinstalling the HiveMind Interface software. Click here for the download link. Uninstall it first from the Programs and Features list, then restart the system and install it again. Test the controller again after doing this to confirm if it responds in Console mode.

4 Posts

March 31st, 2016 21:00

I uninstalled HiveMind interface, then rebooted reinstalled HiveMind Interface when it asks for console or desktop mode upon reboot the controller works I select console, when it comes back up in console mode I get no response from the controller

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

Try uninstalling the Alienware Command Center application from the Programs and Features list, then restart the system and test the controller. If it responds, install the Command Center again. Let us know how it goes. 

4 Posts

April 6th, 2016 18:00

I have done that, right now I just run in steam big picture mode which works fine, could it need the wired controller just won't work with hivemind

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 7th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

If this is the controller that came with the system, it should work in Hivemind. Perhaps, it's a hardware issue. Send me your Service Tag in a PM for hardware assistance. 

No Events found!