Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2015 10:00

Alienware Alpha - HDMI-In broke?

The box and apps are pretty cool. Running Project Cars without a hiccup. I decided to use the HDMI-IN (yes, passthrough, I know), but no matter what I plug in, I get nada.  At sign-in, I always get the (attached) error. I know this refers to the BIOS (updated - 02), but I do not see any options to activate/deactivate HDMI-anything. What am I missing? (On a side note, not a big deal for me because I'm wired, but my wireless hasn't worked since I got the box)

hdmi_error.PNG

Alpha_Legit.PNG

• 

2.7K Posts

June 5th, 2015 11:00

Since you are facing several software issues I would recommend you to perform an Alienrespawn that will take the system back to factory settings.

The Alienrespawn might preserve your files however I will recommend you to perform an external backup.

June 5th, 2015 11:00

Uhhgg. Why did I know you were going to say that? No biggie, it's brand new, so I really haven't had time to customize. I'll let y'all know the results. Thx.

June 5th, 2015 14:00

Yes, AlienRespawn worked; however (THIS IS IMPORTANT), I had to make sure that I had the latest version of AlienRespawn. It's not so obvious on first blush. Thx Milena.

• 

2.7K Posts

June 10th, 2015 07:00

Welcome! [:D]

No Events found!