Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2016 12:00

Alienware Alpha R2 (i5 model + AGA) - No sleep option in Windows 10?

I have the i5 6400T version of the Alpha R2, running the factory install of Windows 10. I also have the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a GTX 1070 card, and my display is connected to the 1070 rather than the Alpha's HDMI port. All drivers/firmware are up-to-date as far as I can tell.

I have the High Performance scheme selected in Power Options, which prevents the computer from going to sleep automatically, but is NOT supposed to eliminate the sleep feature completely from Windows. When I try to "change plan settings" I only have the option to "Turn off the display." The "Put the computer to sleep" option isn't even shown on the screen.

So basically the computer is always on unless I force it into hibernation. Anyone else have this? And if so how did you fix it?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 7th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

Check and follow the steps on this link:

www.intowindows.com/.../

If the issue persists, let me know!

September 7th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for replying. The problem is that Windows doesn't give me the option to enable/disable sleep mode. It's simply not present in the UI. Compare the bottom picture in that article you linked to my screenshot below. In that article you see there is a "Put the computer to sleep" option. In my screenshot you see that option is missing. This normally means that some driver is missing or some piece of hardware is preventing the computer from being able to sleep. But I don't know how to fix it. No devices are banged out in Device Manager, and all drivers are up to date.

Power Options no sleep 2.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 8th, 2016 18:00

I spoke with engineering and looks like the sleep option will not be available if you have the AGA connected.

No Events found!