Highlighted
Skyfallen-213
1 Copper

Re: Alienware Area 51 ALX problems.

I still haven't been avalible to find out what the problem is. Everything on the MIO board is connected except a blue socket called "USBFLASH1".

0 Kudos
Skyfallen-213
1 Copper

Can it be so that the MIO board does not work if you do not have a special "Alienware Approved" Motherboard / BIOS, or whatever?

0 Kudos
morblore
5 Rhenium

Can it be so that the MIO board does not work if you do not have a special "Alienware Approved" Motherboard / BIOS, or whatever?

Are you using Command Center or Command Center Desktop? If you are using the desktop version then try the other one. Command Center will look for the BIOS and if it doesn't find it then it looks for Command Center. This is how Chris-M explained it way back then. So maybe it just can't find ACC.

Use the Command Center and not the Command Center for Desktop and lets see what happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos
Skyfallen-213
1 Copper

I can not get it to work, and given all the money I've spent in Alienware Products I think that just because I didn't buy this one piece from them it's hillarious that they will not give me service. I am not sure what to think about that? That they might just be <TOU Violation> that does not care for their customers? I thank everyone here in the forum who actually tried to help me, but I am not sure if I would even like to continue with trying to make this chassis work, because clearly it will not work until DELL/Alienware takes a look at it wich will never happen. This entire incident made me sad and gave me a lust never to promote Alienware or DELL to anyone again. I might just go the other way and buy me an Apple Macbook instead of this Alienware M14X I am sitting with right now.

0 Kudos
Skyfallen-213
1 Copper

What did the moderator do to my post?

You're making me look like a twelve year old, if you are to change any words that might be in violation of the forum rules, please don't mess up my entire post...

0 Kudos

My removal of one word did not mess up your entire post. Going forward, I will simply remove the whole post and ask you to repost without the profanity.

0 Kudos
wvan655614
2 Iron

I got to say that it is pretty sad that a admin/moderator will read through an entire page and only comment on profanity, but not on the issue at hand or seek a way to help a consumer even if there is other circumstances. I'll just say on final word on the issue of you putting a new motherboard in the AREA-51 chassis (post dell), you can try as much as you like but you either have to do serious modding or find an oem motherboard, the motherboard is made with a special usb attachment directly on the motherboard made for pretty much solely for the MIO board. I can see this really being an issue with the vents... thanks to the radiator fan all the heat is pulled up and none goes out the rear on these...unless you have a fan at the rear. On mine Im surprised it hasnt started warping the top a little.

0 Kudos

My thinking was that the answer was clearly put forward as a result of the troubleshooting. But, I will state it for all, the Dell OEM MIO board was never tested in that retail ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. It is designed to work on our motherboard with our bios. There is no "fix" for this other than getting the Dell OEM Area-51 motherboard.

0 Kudos
morblore
5 Rhenium

Is the CPU fan connected to the little blue PCB board up top and near the rear of the case, the one that should have come with the Area 51 case you bought? It goes to the 4-pin labeled System Fan, not the one labeled CPU.  Did you plug it in there or directly into the motherboard?

If you plugged it into the mobo then where did you plug in the CPU 4-pin wire coming off the mio board?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos