Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2013 18:00

Alienware Area 51 (ALX)

Hello

I have an Alienware Area 51. I think it isn't the ALX but I'm not sure. I have some questions:

1. The website of Dell doesn't recognise my service tag when i enter it in the product support, my tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy> (generated by the Dell System Detect)

2. I think my front bezel doesn't close automatic but how can i be sure? Can i see that somewhere?

3. The active venting doesn't work properly. 2 fins don't go up, they get stuck after one or 2 centimeters. They go down in a normal way. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

13 Posts

August 10th, 2013 02:00

Ok so i have the non-ALX. That is great to know. Maybe i will buy an other one and that will be an ALX.

Yhanks for all your support!!!

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

August 10th, 2013 03:00

Your Express Service Code tag is not on the back of the case next to the service tag; it is on the front of the case on the front panel ... Drop your front panel door, look on the top right of the panel, next to your 3.5" bay and cd drive ... it is a tiny black tag with white text ... odd but usually true ...

13 Posts

August 10th, 2013 08:00

I can't see it but i see what is on the iron front on top of the frnot usb's. It says mid 47985 09 sep 09. I think mine is an illegal one :o) Kind regards

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 10th, 2013 12:00

Cass-Ole. Great fix!

Stigske, It could be that the system was originally sold out of Dell Euro. Contact Dell Support for your region. Provide to them the service tag number. Tell them that the service tag is not showing in our Americas database.

No Events found!