wiwaw
1 Nickel

Alienware Area 51 PowerPC Processor driver issue

I've seen other talking about this but no definitive answer.  I've done a  clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on an Alienware Area 51 desktop.  I downloaded and installed all the drivers from Dell and updated the BIOS to version A08 but I still have a yellow exclamation for PowerPC Processor under Other Devices.  I tried looking at Intel for a driver and couldn't find anything but utilities.  Intel's Processor ID Utility verifies that the processor is an IntelCore i7 930 CPU @ 2.80GHz.  Does anyone have any answers for what I need to install?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wiwaw
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware Area 51 PowerPC Processor driver issue

SOLVED!

Answering my own post to help anyone who might run into this.  I finally caved in and looked at the Vendor ID of the hardware that was missing a driver.  It actually had nothing to do with the PowerPC Processor but was rather the EVGA Killer Xeno Pro network card.  Dell did have a driver under network devices called Killer NIC 128mb PCIe from Bigfoot but I wasn't aware I need it.  This machine was purchased for a faculty member who need the high end graphics and power supply and isn't going to be gaming so thus my ignorance on the special configuration.

0 Kudos