Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

March 6th, 2017 20:00

Alienware Area 51 R2: Only 1 GTX 770 GPU is running applications

Only recently have I experienced frame rates on my games occasionally dipping to below 10.  I have reinstalled all drivers even did a factory reset.  But I'm still having issues with framerates.  I installed an app that allows me to monitor NVidia activity.  It monitors the applications being used by each of the 2 GTX770s installed.  Only one of them has applications running on it, the other says "No Applications running on this GPU".  Could this be the issue?  How do I check this is actually happening and how can I fix it.

All these issues started when I upgraded to the latest bios.  I downloaded and installed using the tools provided.

I have windows 10 installed.

March 7th, 2017 22:00

by the way, the diagnostic tests for graphics cards shows that both cards are running, and reaching framerates of 300+.  what is going on??!!

March 8th, 2017 13:00

did you check the SLI settings in the nvidia control panel?

you can also try to install new GPU drivers. uninstall old ones first. don't forget to enable SLI again.

March 14th, 2017 01:00

Yes, the SLI settings are as they should be, I re-installed all the relevant drivers etc.

The app I use is the NVidia GPU activity monitor, is is always saying:

GTX770 1 - 12 programs

GTX770 2 - inactive

March 14th, 2017 09:00

That's Strange.

After BIOS Update, Did You Reset the BIOS? My Area 51 refused to Boot from M.2 SSD (PCIe Slot 5). After CMOS Reset Everything Went Back to Normal. I Think the New BIOS Version is a Bit Buggy.

Also Try to Remove Both GPUs.. Switch Them Over and See What Happens. Du You Have another SLI Bridge Flying around?

No Events found!