Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2013 15:00

Alienware Area 51 m15x-R1 Command Center v. 1.0 download location

I have the above system (May '08) before Dell bought Alienware in '09, and have successfully upgraded from Vista x32 to Win 7 x64. I even figured out the updated video card driver process. After my 1st install of Win 7, the MyHive (Alienware) support site allowed me access to update drivers and download the basic software for the Command Center. Now the Alienware MyHive support site is no longer supported or operated by Dell.

I'm on my 2nd iteration of updating Win 7 and the Command Center is the only thing left for me to install. It is not on my recovery CD or Driver CD that originally came with my system. Does anyone know where I can download this earlier version of the Command Center. I believe it's either 1.0.1.xxxx or 1.0.2.xxxx. I have a system analysis file backed up and remember the version number being like this.

Any help would be appreciated.

1.8K Posts

March 12th, 2013 02:00

Hi Dread7,

Command Center 2.8 for Desktop is the latest version available for download and the previous version is 2.6. However, versions 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 are not available. Please follow the steps provided in the link below to download and install Command Center:
http://dell.to/YVWGom

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

6 Posts

March 13th, 2013 13:00

Thanks for the reply.

Your steps won't work because my system is a PRE-DELL Alienware system and does NOT have a Tag # associated with it. I cannot get to the download section to get that version of the Command Center software. Every time I enter my system information as a pre-dell Alienware system it directs me to the Alienware Support site that is no longer serviced and operational.

Thus the reason for this query/post.

Thanks again.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 17:00

St Br,

See if this helps: http://dell.to/N4TrEM

6 Posts

March 14th, 2013 21:00

Hi Chris.

The link was somewhat helpful. By this I mean that it gave me a little more info about my system, but did not allow me to find what I needed. For my m15x system, the Download link took me to the alienware support site where I've been countless times now looking. The system link took me to a list of articles for hardware issues. I'm having a software issue and just looking for a download of the Alienware Command Center or AlienFx.

Originally, it was AlienFx - Light pipe around the lid, Alien head, touchpad lights, keyboard lights and touch control lights. Also included the power management utility to manage the type of power settings for the system.

Now I have tried 2 different versions of Command Center that installed fine and ran, but different functions were there and others gone. Specifically, while setting up a (visual) theme for the lighting elements, the keyboard is nowhere to be found. They are now blacked out. Can't change them to actually be on. Additionally AlienSense is now there when it wasn't before, using the built in camera for facial recognition as a security feature to logging into the system: I don't use this, so not a worthwhile trade off. Would rather have my older software that originally came on the system.

This has been upgraded to Win 7 x64 when it was originally Vista x32, but enough time has passed that drivers have all been updated that I can find/see. Just the software for AlienFx need to redownload to get this part working again.

I've tried calling the AlienWare/Dell tech support, but they're always in a meeting or unavailable to help me and I have to try back in a couple of days to get through. Today is my 3rd try in a weeks time with no luck. The support site to MyHive doesn't seem to be working and no one can help me recover my account to make sure I can get the right drivers.

I do appreciate any and all help with this minor problem.

St (Dread7)

835 Posts

March 20th, 2013 16:00

Hi,

What exactly is happening when you try to acces your MyHive account?

May 4th, 2013 04:00

hi iv also got a m15x-r1 pre-dell and cant get proper gfx drivers working or any alienware software due to the service tag... any suggestions on the gfx card iv got the 8800m gtx 512mb

6 Posts

May 5th, 2013 23:00

This sounds like one of my original problems when I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista. What I later learned by trial and error and stumbled across a few hints, there may be a couple of things to help get you going in the right direction. When you press "FN + F7" what happens? BEFORE you try this, make sure your system boots directly to the desktop without stopping at a log on screen that requires a password - disable this temporarily. Does it try to switch between the video card and the integrated graphics? If it actually does, but you get a black screen, just hard reboot and it should go back to integrated. If not, try to get into Safemode, and get back to integrated.

The next thing I found that was needed to allow switching between graphics card and integrated was the OSD utility file. Get the one for your OS and install it. This pretty much fixed my problem once I figured out that it's needed to allow the switching to happen. Again if the "FN + F7" doesn't work right off, install the OSD, restart the system, then try switching again.

I'm not expert, but have gotten mine back the way I needed it except for the Alien Fx that I originally posted in this thread.

Goodluck,

St (Dread7)

835 Posts

May 9th, 2013 17:00

Have you tried the manufacturer's website?

What Operating system are you running?

6 Posts

May 9th, 2013 19:00

Hi,

Yes, I've tried the Alienware Support site, however, it's not supported any longer, since I've been on the phone with Dell & Alienware support to get my MyHive account access to no avail.

I've upgraded to Win 7 x64 and am currently using this system.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

D

May 16th, 2013 03:00

hi cheers for your help fella iv got all the drivers now all the touch pads workling and the FN commands now all i need is the built in cam drivers, lightline working and afew others iv installed that lightline from that site but i dont know where its installed or what to do with it... any suggestions would help lol.

6 Posts

May 16th, 2013 23:00

Hi,

Good for you. It's called the "light pipe" and there's a patch for it. I think the file is called the "lightpipepatch." Look for that. Cam drivers are usually with all the other drivers, so if you find a full list of drivers, it should be found there. Best of luck.

If you find the original software for the AlienFx or Command Center 1.0, let me know where. My only problem is the Control Center button doesn't work and my lights are functional, but out since I have no way to control them.

Thanks,

D

1 Message

February 26th, 2014 19:00

Hello Chris M. I am having the same problem as the person in this discussion. Asking for a tag or product. Got the laptop from my sister, Should i enter her information?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 26th, 2014 21:00

I am having the same problem as the person in this discussion. Asking for a tag or product. Got the laptop from my sister, Should i enter her information?

If it's a Dell made Alienware, yes ... enter your Service Tag at http://support.dell.com

If it's a pre-Dell or Legacy Alienware, see this thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19544641.aspx

No Events found!