Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 9th, 2012 14:00

Alienware Aurora ALX Help,Help,Help

Ok I am going to get this straight, I have gaven up overcloking long ago (Bad Motherboards) and I have been on the default settings for months now. Just as I was going to open Internet Explorer,poof, it shows up a blue screen. I thought I had ridden long ago but now it has come to haunt me again. It is becoming frequent and getting disturbing there are even signs of corruption. I havn't my computer anyway except instaling Noctua fans (great for silence and cooling) to the Asetek radiator supllied with the system. I can do about 15 mins top stable with it then poof it goes. I tried many benchmarking stable programs only to pass it with no failure. Even this morning when I bought a OCZ ssd I had waited 1 and a half hours for Windows to instal and then at the critical moment of truth poof it goes, I cant be bothered to try again. I am planning to call Alien Respawn as I one more year with them to help deal with the case, but until they arrived I am fully opened to experienced users who could give me advice, please no spammers this is serious.

38 Posts

May 9th, 2012 16:00

Should I just leave the problem to the engineers it seems like the computer degrading quite early and quickly

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

It sounds like you know a lot about computers, so start troubleshooting:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/p/19430705/20027483.aspx#20027483

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

It's really up to you. Most people with the "know-how" trouble-shoot their own machines.

The items in my post I linked to are for R3, but should also apply to older R1 like yours (and mine).

Also, noticed your sig. Be sure to remove ALL OCs (including GPU). Hardware is designed to run stable at stock speed (not OCed faster).

Be sure nVidia drivers are up to date. Since IE9 now has hardware acceleration now, poor 3D drivers can cause browser problems (and, of course, Aero desktop problems).

38 Posts

May 9th, 2012 17:00

Dam it I hate these OEM motherboards they can barely do anything

No Events found!