Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2011 14:00

Alienware Aurora ALX (need help please)

Before anything i want who read this to ignore my fail english, and say thanks for reading and responding (:

I bought an alienware aurora alx two days ago. i hoocked it up and regular stuffs then install the drivers and ALL the usual procediment.

Now the problems, since first boot up, my radiator fan is allways loud and high rpm's and i cant lower it, im not getting good processor speed, i have a intel i7 dual core, in the microsoft ratting, it guives a 3.7 to the processor, the graffics card is weird, its lagging on games like counter strike source, and getting like 50 fps, and it is an ati radeon hd 5900 but the drivers on the ressource cd says 5670, but on the drivers from the site it says 5900. and last, i tryed dirt 2 demo and wen i was playing it suddenly shut down :| i need REAL help please |:

2.4K Posts

July 18th, 2011 14:00

Anyone getting a new Dell system should always reinstall windows from the get go. This will remove any bloat and have all your drivers up to date. A friend of mine wrote a very good write up on how to do it here: http://forum.desktopreview.com/alienware/243341-how-perform-clean-installation-windows-alienware-aurora-r3.html

Next you will want to take that resource CD, put it in a draw and forget about it. It is worthles. Everything is always outdated on them. For now on when you download something do it from the Dell site or from ATI...never use the resource cd.

The shutdown when playing Dirt2 is from the GPU not being wired right..no worry they send most of them out to people wired wrong. Check the Desktop FAQ sticky at the top of this forum for the list that will show you the correct way to wire the GPU. You can also take a pic and post it here showing me how it is wired and I can show you the correct way. Trust me..it's easier to explain with pictures :)

Anyway..you need to open the case and make sure nothing came unplugged when it was shipped to you. It happens. Next you want to go to the Dell site and download the new Command Center Desktop and install it. Command Center is what controls the fans and it is very flaky. If it doesn't work right the first few times dont worry you will get it to work you just need to keep trying.

Your MIO board could also be bad.  Call Dell if it still runs and 100% after you reinstall Command Center and checked all the connections. You may need your MIO replaced.

I dont know why your CPU score is so low. You also said its a dual core? Can't be. It's a quad core.

Once you work out all the kinks with the command center and MIO board you will have a very good system.

Grats on your new system and welcome to the club

EDIT: Here is a link to the GPU power connection chart but like I said if you have trouble figuring it out just post a pic and I will help you do it. http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=90942&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs

6 Posts

July 18th, 2011 15:00

Ill try it step by step, any problem ill post back here, from now, TYVM

6 Posts

July 19th, 2011 06:00

I done that, and it worked, thank you allot, but wen i installed the command center the radiator fan just got nuts again |: getting mad with this >.<

6 Posts

July 19th, 2011 07:00

I called Dell and they are gona send me a new board. hope it gets better fast :D

2.4K Posts

July 19th, 2011 14:00

I hear yeah man. I hate the command center and MIO..It's nothing but a fight all the time with them.

I just  got home and my vents on my system are open and the front LEDs are on. Most of the time I wait for the system to shut down to make sure the front lights go off and the vents closed. It takes so long to shutdown and I was in a ruch so I didn't bother.  I truly believe they will never get it right.

No Events found!