Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2015 17:00

Alienware Aurora Alx?? I think

got my self aalienware aurora alx? I think as it has no s/Tag Number??? and it isn't on the motherboard and now I have a problem with the alienFx board the pc with not pick it up so not working now but it did??so my alien is i7 965 EX , with 16G of ram, two 2G Geforce  gtx-450, the motherboard is x58-04vwf2 and my alienFx board is 1.1 , and m bios:A02 but don't know if any of this is right for what my pc is? can anyone help as got no lights, well BD-dvd light is on and all the ones in pc and got no temps? in  thermal controller and got no coloers in alienFx ??

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 29th, 2015 12:00

right tried run Dell Diags (outside of Windows) it passed all it was only one thing it did say that the fan's was running at full speed???

1. Did it show a section dedicated to MIO-Board. Did you use it to test and change the lights?
2. Is MIO-Board connected to motherboard's MB_USB-1 Header?
3. Is this an ALX model after-all? If so, try removing AA batteries (for interior lighting) so you can get a good "power dissipation" reset/fix on it.

9 Posts

October 28th, 2015 19:00

hiya and thanks for that and not my service tag is not there I have looked al over it inside and out and it not got one as I got it of ebay  and it all worked but got a bug on it so have to reinstalled win-7-64 bit but when I done this it done some think to it so the lights and alien Fx is not running right or thermal controller and I run the alienFx test and it say's no board found but the alien works good plays game at top settings but not lights???jay

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 28th, 2015 19:00

You have an Aurora-R1 ... Aurora-R1 ALX if movable louvers on top.

See this and run Dell Diags (outside of Windows)

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19454040

Dell Service Tag is inside drop-down optical drive cover or on back.

Win7-64 is proper OS.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 28th, 2015 20:00

and alien Fx is not running right

No.

Create bootable CD/DVD or Flash drive of this and run OUTSIDE of Windows.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/DriversDetails?productCode=alienware-aurora-alx&driverId=R267117&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

9 Posts

October 29th, 2015 07:00

right tried run Dell Diags (outside of Windows) it passed all it was only one thing it did say that the fan's was running at full speed??? (but there is one good thing it's cool in my Alien?? :)) but still not Fx flasted it (outside of Windows) and still not working,

9 Posts

October 29th, 2015 14:00

HI WELL TO IS IT A ALX I don't know if it is or not??? I think it is but don't now what I am looking for and not gd at this part of pc :))

9 Posts

October 29th, 2015 14:00

oh and don't know what bios? too put on it and yes it has a batter pack.

9 Posts

October 29th, 2015 17:00

just run the test all pass but I get a Error code:3700.011b and mag:cpu_fan.the fan speed is incorrect so fast mode???jay

No Events found!