Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2011 11:00

Alienware Aurora Desktop, downloaded newest command center

computer is just under two years old, been working like the best computer we have ever had! Downloaded newest drivers for command center and now no matter what we do fans are running at high speeds all the time. Have done lots of research on this issue and finding those who still have warranties are having computers replaced. we do not have a warranty, however my issue is with dell. We DL a driver off your website which ruined our computer from you. You provided no notification that this download would ruin what i believe is the Mio chip ( allows command center to communicate with mother board) . You didn't take the drivers off your website either. Its a known issue and still nothing was done to prevent it from being used and causing more damage to more computers. this computer was not cheap and should last for well up to five years.

Has anyone had any luck with fixing this? Days of extensive research have led us to find no easy solution.

Sadly this whole problem has turned me from a happy dell customer that sang their high praises to friends and family to a very unhappy customer. I can not even email customer service since we no longer have a warranty.  I thank anyone who has a solution to this and can help, I normally do not post in such a negative manner right off the bat but this whole thing is beyond rediculous for the amount of money that was spend on this desktop.

thank you very much for your time!

55 Posts

December 10th, 2011 13:00

I had the same problem with my fist Area 51.  They replaced the motherboard, the I/O board and it still didn't work.  Finally they sent me a replacement computer.  Have you tried the manual settings for the fan? Thats in the program and is the only other thing that I would try.

December 11th, 2011 07:00

We have, thank you for the suggestion. Sadly what it does is crash the whole system and do nothing but pop up error messages. Dell was even kind enough to pop up a reminder on the computer that we should update the command center, isn't it nice of them to ruin our computer for us!!

December 13th, 2011 11:00

Have you tried re-flashing the BIOS to A10 (or A11--whatever is the latest)?  I found that had more to do with fan control than the command center anyway, at least on boot.  I think the thermal controller takes its cues only after BIOS has done its thing, so if you reset those parameters by reflashing the BIOS the command center may fix itself.

No Events found!