Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2012 08:00

Alienware Aurora R2 - Beeping 6 fast times! wont start up.

After installing my new graphics card. (GTX 680) my computer beeps 6 fast times and my screen does nothing. 

2K Posts

December 25th, 2012 11:00

Hi insidious27,

I request you to try using the old video card and check if it works. If it works then you can try inserting the new video card properly and if it still doesn’t work then the video card has failed.

If the old video card also doesn’t work then the video card slot has failed. I request you to send the system service tag through private message I can check and let you know what needs to be done.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 25th, 2012 16:00

If you only have the 525w Power Supply, only the P14 and P15 video-card power supply plugs have power to them.

December 26th, 2012 07:00

Hello insidious27,

Check out this link for the beep error codes, I can also help you to verify what type of power supply is in your system, send me a PM with you service tag and please include the link for this thread.

December 25th, 2012 15:00

bump

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

if it is 525 i think that might be the problem because the graphic card that i got requires 550 watts.

Could also be part of the problem, but that's not what I was talking about.

You can slide the power-supply out and take a look at the (hidden) large sticker.

i think my power supply is not big enough, but i am not sure. How would i find how how much my power supply is? if it is 525 i think that might be the problem because the graphic card that i got requires 550 watts.

here is the link to the graphics card:

www.evga.com/.../Product.aspx

December 26th, 2012 11:00

Think it might be the power supply because when i boot the computer up with no power plunged into the graphic card the computer says please plug the power supply unit into the graphic card. then when i put the power in the graphic card my computer  beeps and all i see is a black screen!

No Events found!