8 Krypton

Re: Alienware Aurora R4 GTX 690 Problems

I haven't had my system replaced.  Dell hasn't contacted me to come replace the card and last i checked the case isn't resolved and is still open.  TWO MONTHS and they haven't done anything.  TWO MONTHS.

In Call od Duty Spec Ops 2 I crash in several interesting ways including an actual memory error black screen, the speckled screen crash, and the computer just flat out not responding.  I purchased the computer specifically for gaming and I can't use it to game.  

It's an incredible waste.  And it's probably the last DeLL purchase I'll ever make.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Still haven't done anything on a re-iniation off the support call.

Service Call:161162987

Call Type:Next Business Day

Initiation date: 11/29/2012 12:00 AM

Description:Not Available

Last Updated: 11/29/2012 3:10 PM

Shipping Information:

Note : There is no shipping information associated with this Service Call at this time.

System Information

Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Model: Alienware Aurora R4

Ship Date: 7/31/2012

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Still nothing done on the second call I was promised next day service on, so it's over two weeks and they haven't even shipped a part.

what really sucks is not only did I buy the alienware system, but seperately I purchased a 30" dell IPS monitor and 1TB of SSD storage so I have a $5k system which isn't even usable for the purpose I originally purchased it for.

0 Kudos
blacklab909
6 Indium

i got a replacement card and it was bad too. took 2 weeks to get the card. forget about it they are having issues with the gtx 690 at dell. call customer care tell them you want a replacement system or a refund. tell them to check the tech logs. you have to escalate it up customer care. i know its a real pain talking to those people but trust me if you are persistent they will take care of you. i ended up sending mine back and got a full refund but in the past i had trouble with my alienware laptop and they sent me a brand new replacement because they couldnt fix it. tell them they could not fix it so you want a return or replacement, they have to do it. good luck. your best bet is to buy an alienware with a crappy video card and guy an evga gtx 690, one that has a warranty too. i hear the kepler gpu has high DOA

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The tech finally showed up-----with a broken repair part. THREE WEEKS after the SECOND CALL for NEXT BUSINESS DAY SUPPORT.   THREE MONTHS with no resolution of the original call.

Ouch. I understand your pain, been there myself. I'll pass this on and see if I can get extra help for you. Sorry for all the trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos

Please send us an e-mail to AWSocialMedia@dell.com with your service tag, phone and a brief description of the issue and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Alienware-L_Porras
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

UN-'Dell deletes my post even if I put in some astrixs and  -ing because patrolling their forums and deleting posts that are even suggestive of an expletive but don't actually contain expetives is SO much more efffective than taking care off the customer and fixing a his machine so he doesn't wait THREE MONTHS for a single part swap to fix his machine and get frustrated to the point where he might type something suggestive of an expletive'-BELIEVABLE!  

The tech finally showed up-----with a broken repair part. THREE WEEKS after the SECOND CALL for NEXT BUSINESS DAY SUPPORT.   THREE MONTHS with no resolution of the original call.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

UN-'Dell deletes my post even if I put in some astrixs and  -ing because patrolling their forums and deleting posts that are even suggestive of an expletive but don't actually contain expetives is SO much more efffective than taking care off the customer

It's the AI in the forum software that catches those and quarantines them. No, that is not allowed as well as other things. Follow the rules and you can tell your story ... it won't be deleted.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

your best bet is to buy an alienware with a crappy video card and guy an evga gtx 690, one that has a warranty too. i hear the kepler gpu has high DOA

Ya, that is what I was telling users here also when the retail sales config page was offering lame choices

eVGA (nVidia) = Lifetime waranty

XFX (AMD) = Lifetime Warranty

i hear the kepler gpu has high DOA

Sure seems that way. I keep reading fab yields are low. Maybe some pass through that shouldn't ...

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I usually do just that, but I made the mistake of trusting Dell this time.  Apparently they went with the "bottom bidder" for their gtx-690 cards, because I've seen a huge amount of problems posted in some IT foroms I'm in for a relatively small number off machines.

No matter how you cut it the following things are unacceptable:

• THREE MONTHS WITH NO RESOLUTION. 
  • Three weeks to ship a part ffor a system in Next Business Day Support.
  • Telephone support people who speak broken english in sentence fragments.
  • Telephone support people eho don't update contact info when given the correct inffo.
  • Closing calls with no resolution. 
  • Telling a customer the part that's probably bad in their expensive system is well, expensive, so they might not replace it even though support has no other clue to fix the problem. 
  • Pointing the finger at windows software and saying you can't fix it, when you are a reseller and responsible for windows support.
  • Calling the issue a driver problem and saying you're not responsible for fixing it, when you supplied the system and hardware, preconfigured.
  • Getting mad at a customer who held his temper during three months off support bungling without a resolution.
  • Sending your tech a bad part, after a three week wait
  • Not understanding when the customer who bought a $1200 monitor so he could get 2560x1600 resolution insists on the replacement part having a functioning display port interface so he can actually get full native resolution instead of 1920x1080.
  • Not using email when you can't reach the customer by phone.
  • Breaking a customer's system during a support call, insisting you didn't, and then having the customer tell you what is wrong and how to fix it.

I have a dozen or more, but I'm going to do something more productive like bang my head against, watch anime or write .Net-Micro software.

0 Kudos