blacklab909
Not applicable

Re: Alienware Aurora R4 GTX 690 Problems

but whats even stranger is on the replacement card it was opposite, GPU1 was stuck at 324mhz and GPU2 was hitting full speed. so i know the evga precision software is able to see both GPUs.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

tested both cards in another non-dell custom built system. same benchmarks in that system. tried it in both slots in mine, no change. in the other non-dell custom built system we put in dual gtx 670 and got 18,000 3dmark vs 4000-8000 with the two gtx 690 cards.

Good example of proper trouble-shooting. This along with clean installing the same driver on both systems doesn't leave much to question ... problems follow the Dell -OEM-nVidia-690 .

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I did some additional troubleshooting.  Using a video card utility I watched video core speeds and changes the multi GPU flag in the driver.  Then I tested with unigene heaven dx-11 2560x1600 resolution.

Started with the flag set for multi-GPU.  Low fps 7.4. Avg 34.

Switched to single GPU.                         Low fps 32 avg 112.

Switched back to multi GPU                   Low 64. Avg 161     And the video card cratered, had to hard boot the machine.

In the first and second runs the second GPU never budged from 324 MHz.  I didn't get a chance to save the third test run data but based on the fps I'd say it was almost certainly using both cores.  The behavior in the third run is similar to what I have experienced when playing high performance games with both cores enabled.  I wish I had the data from the third run because I'd like to look at temperatures.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Oh by the way I told dell to come any time except 2:30 pm-3:30 pm.  The tech called at 2:25pm to say he was on his way and would be here shortly.  Lol.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Tech still didn't show by 6:00 pm.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Tech just replaced my video card.  The old card crashed on the heaven dx-11 test about 3/4 of the way through, every time with both GPU's enabled(when they both actually worked).  The replacement card made it through two back to back tests and stayed about 5c cooler to boot, over 100FPS average, high in the 160s, low around 50.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Glad to hear your machine is working properly again. Sounds like it was just a bad card.

Good info to hear ... that Heaven can push machine hard enough to detect a bad card with a crash.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Galbat
Not applicable

Omg I have this problem. I think I just found out i have TWO GTX690s.

I am getting pretty low fps on like games such as GTA 4 when i'm supposed to be getting much higher 

how do i run dual sli?

0 Kudos