Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2016 09:00

Alienware Aurora R4 not properly starting

Ok, here is the full story on how this happened.

Whenever I played any PC game on my Aurora R4 they would eventually crash, causing the whole computer to freeze and have to be restarted. Some would take an hour to crash than, some would crash in less than half an hour, but by this point I was tired of this. I searched multiple forums and support and the number one answer I found was that the crashes were happening due to overclocking. After seeing this I lowered the voltage levels down from 41, 39, 39, 39 to 39, 36, 36, 36. Sure enough the games worked just fine for the next two days, no crashes like before. Unfortunately the aurora would eventually suffer a constant resetting, which is the main problem I have right now.

Basically I'll turn the computer on and it'll immediately say an error occurred on the blue/teal screen of death. After which it'll automatically reset but go to the blue screen again, and an infinate cycle of this goes on and on and on...

I can't even log in anymore due to this, so I can't access anything other than the advanced settings on the startup menu (the menu accessed with the F2 key) If I attempt to reset the computer to a previous date it'll just say an error ocurred during the process and go into the reset cycle again.

I hope this is just an error that can be easily fixed, since I'm not exactly an expert on computers, but I appreciate any advice anyone has for this problem!

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 01:00

I have a similar problem, last night i reset my overclocks back to factory settings and now i get the blue screen on start up for just a flash of a second then it restarts, and comes up with there was a problem starting and trys to do the start up repair with no problems found.

February 23rd, 2016 06:00

Try loading a different overclocking level.

Have you been able to get the bug check code and file causing the bluescreen when it restarts?

You may disable auto-restart on system crash from the advanced Windows recovery menu (F8).

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 13:00

Thanks i managed to run a system test and it ended up being a hard drive fault.

I ended up doing a fresh install of windows and all seems to be ok now.

Ignore above lol was going through setting up my pc for ssd config and after i changed bios settings to raid, start-up failed.  What i dont understand is that ive had my ssd installed for over a month now so why start acting up now?

No Events found!