Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2016 10:00

Alienware Aurora R4 randomly crashes.

Hey everyone.

After a long times search, with no answer to my problems, i have concluded that you are my last hope for this computer.

So, as the title tells you, my computer started crashing a while ago. When i say crashing i mean that the fan starts going to full power, then slows down, then goes to full power etc. etc.
And while this is happening my mouse and keyboard doesn't work either, yet my screen and sound keeps functioning as normal as ever, and the only thing i can do is to manually shut off the computer on the on/off button.

i have tried to update the BIOS to the newest version (in this case: Alienware A11) but unfortunately that haven't helped a bit. I have also tried Dell's diagnostics - which says everything is fine.

i have no idea what my next steps should be,
so i truly hope you guys have an solution to this problem. Thank you in advance.

Computer specs:
System-model       - Aurora-R4
Operating system - Windows 10 Home
BIOS                        - Alienware A11 (from 11-26-2013)
Processor               - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores
Graphic Card         - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555

(ps. the crashing problems where there before i updated to Win 10)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 12:00

Hi,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2016 05:00

It did not show any errors what so ever - so don't know what the next step should be.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 26th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

The issue may be hardware related. If your system is in warranty, send me your Service Tag in a PM for hardware assistance. 

No Events found!