Gwyvian
1 Copper

Alienware Command Center reinstallation and System Restore fails

Alright. I know this is a problem other people have had, I've checked out every solution I read and that I could think of and it's driving me up the wall. I have a brand new Alienware M17x R4 laptop running Windows 10. I recently installed a problematic program on my computer for work purposes that required .NET Framework 1.1, I had to find a way to get around its installation problems by attempting to install it separately; all my efforts pretty much failed but I managed to install and use the program anyway.

After this, I noticed my AlienFX wasn't functioning. I went into the Command Center and it informed me that there is a problem, i.e. somehow my device was "disconnected" or some such. I researched it, discovered I may be able to fix the problem by reinstalling it. (I already tried restarts and things like that.) I uninstalled it, however when I tried to reinstall it I got an error saying that it's not compatible with this platform! I tried downloading different versions, using the driver that was already on my PC and all sorts of tricks, safe mode and run as administrator, nothing works.

I discovered many solutions, none of which worked for me. I tried using System Restore and discovered to my dismay that it doesn't work on Windows 10 following a certain update - I tried to run it several times, using several different dates and times, none of which were successful. I read that I need 4.0 and 4.5 .NET framework and directX, but no matter what I tried to install, I was informed that it was already a part of Windows 10.

I am so confused and incredibly frustrated and I just want it fixed.

Edit: for my System Restore problems I tried pretty much everything on here with no success: 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Alienware Command Center reinstallation and System Restore fails

Hi,

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos