• 

54.2K Posts

May 7th, 2010 16:00

Alienware Command Center release 2.5.52.0, A08 released today

Windows 7 64bit
Alienware Desktop Area-51/Area-51 ALX
Alienware Desktop Aurora/Aurora ALX
Alienware Desktop Aurora-R2

Go here. You should be able to install it over the old one, but, my SOP is to always remove the older one, restart the PC, and then install the newer one. It's your call. Please post your results.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

13 Posts

May 7th, 2010 17:00

Installer
"Fix: Upgrade process issues with previos version." LOL

159 Posts

Was excited to see how fast they are working on this.  Had high hopes for fixing some of my AlienFX issues.  But, to no avail.  I do not notice a differance from either A07 versionor this A08 version.

Still conflicts with Outllok 2007 new mail event and the fin control is still not there.....

A09 anyone?

13 Posts

Wow one issue fixed what a waste of time

57 Posts

May 7th, 2010 20:00

LOL @ BigWilly22 - I saw that too.

I updated fine. The only thing I noticed was that the version # seems to be fixed, but now upon startup of CC it now prompts a UAC from Win7 HP.

2.4K Posts

May 8th, 2010 02:00

My replacement Area 51 came today. Command Center issues are alive and well. The exact same issues I had with my old system even after the master control board replacement are the same issues I have on this new system. The first thing I did with this system was install the new Command Center.

1) Side panel light will flash to another color and back again.

2) Only showing 2 of the 3 temp sensors in Command Center. Will show all 3 sensors in older versions of CC.

3) Using fan speed to control the vents still does nothing.

4) Still get alienhead and/or front bottom panel light to sometimes not come on when booting into windows. Must open CC and set lights again to make them come on.

May 8th, 2010 05:00

I followed the directions to uninstall my current version of Command Center, reboot, and then install the new A08 version. My lighting is not working and all temperature sensors read 0 and fans are stuck at what sounds like 50% even though Command Center reads them as 0%.

Command Center, lighting, temperature sensors, and fan control were all working prior to upgrading to A08.

I uninstalled A08, shut down, unplugged the computer for 10 seconds, booted up, and attempted to reinstall A08. During installation at the part where normally the little window comes up when the firmware is being upgraded it displays a blank next to "current firmware version" and the window says "No Board Detected". Could it be that it did a bad flash of the firmware during the last installation attempt? What should I do now?

---

Jeff C. Guevara

Alienware Aurora Desktop

CPU: Intel i7 960 @ 3.20GHz

Memory:  6GB 1336MHz

30 Posts

May 8th, 2010 07:00

Did not uninstall previous CC version, updated to Command Center (CC) 2.5.52.0;A08 with no problems - smooth boot process with no hangups, blue screens.  

Since I did not uninstall the old CC, I had left the Ambient Temp 1, 2, 3 monitor icons on my Desktop. After the CC update to 2.5.52.0;A08, the Desktop Ambient Temp 1,2,3 are still on the Desktop and are updating. HOWEVER, when I open CC, there is no Ambient Temp 3 sensor displaying?

4338.Ambient Temp Desktop.JPG1586.Alienware 2.5.52.0.png

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2010 13:00

2JXP2 Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire ALX Master I/O Board
P0GVP Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire non-ALX Master I/O Board

* Power off
* Open the case cover
* Locate the Master I/O board (not the motherboard, a smaller board)
* There is a greeen plastic jumper
* Remove the jumper from the pins, power the PC on, then off
* Replace the jumper. Did this reset the Master I/O board causing the fans and LEDs to go to factory defaults?
* Or, if the jumper was only on two of the pins, put it on the other two, power the PC on, then off
* Replace the jumper. Did this reset the Master I/O board causing the fans and LEDs to go to factory defaults?
* If not, your only recourse is to have Dell Technical Support replace the Master I/O board since the firmware is corrupted

2.4K Posts

May 8th, 2010 20:00

2JXP2 Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire ALX Master I/O Board
P0GVP Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire non-ALX Master I/O Board

* Power off
* Open the case cover
* Locate the Master I/O board (not the motherboard, a smaller board)
* There is a greeen plastic jumper
* Remove the jumper from the pins, power the PC on, then off
* Or, if the jumper was only on two of the pins, put it on the other two, power the PC on, then off
* If not, your only recourse is to have Dell Technical Support replace the Master I/O board since the firmware is corrupted

Are you just talking about the Aurora  systems? if not then read on.

I'm sorry Chris but I just don't buy the "Firmware is corrupted" excuse and here is why.

My system only showed 2 ambient sensors with A08-R268475. Dell then replaced my Master Control Board.  Installed A08-R268475 and again only showed Ambient Sensor 1 and 2. Reverted to the older version A06-R257084 that was released at the end of January and BAM! Command Center shows  ambnient sensor 1,2 and 3. Go back to the new version A08-R268475 and again ambient sensors 1 and 2 are the only ones showing up.

Dell then does a replacment system which came yesterday. They had Command Center version A06-R25708 and BIOS version A06 preinstalled. All sensors showed up. I upgrade to BIOS A07 and Command Center version A08-R268475 and AGAIN sensor 3 does not show. I install A06-R25708 back and I got all 3 sensors showing.

Just like with my old system I went and tried all versions of Command Center. EVERY SINGLE ONE and they ALL showed all 3 sensors. Only A08 doesn't show sensor 3.

Now you tell me how in the world the firmware can be currupted when I was able to remove it on 2 different systems with 3 different Master Control Boards and was able to get the sensor 3 back on all of them by a simple version downgrade? If the firmware was corrupted then how am I able to reflash it with different versions?

Why should I believe anything other then A08-R268475 being a bad version? I understand if you COULDNT flash to an older version or any version then yeah its a bad board that cant take a flash. Mine takes any flash I give it. I just think i'm giving it JUNK atm.

And to tell you the truth A08 does nothing A06 doesnt do. It didnt fix anything. Why even use it? So I only get 2 sensors,lol? The day a version comes out that has a TRUE fix to something in it then I will worry but untill that day,month or at this rate year comes I will just use the A06.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2010 21:00

I'm sorry Chris but I just don't buy the "Firmware is corrupted" excuse.
* Understood, but that statement has been repeated in every con call for two weeks. Yes, only the Aurora MIO board has the jumper.

2.4K Posts

May 8th, 2010 21:00

I'm sorry Chris but I just don't buy the "Firmware is corrupted" excuse.
* Understood, but that statement has been repeated in every con call for two weeks. Yes, only the Aurora MIO board has the jumper.

Please explain better how my old board was bad,my new board was bad and now the board in my new system is bad. All of which has the CMOS jumper. So it's not just Aurora systems with the jumper.

What do you think Dell would say if I called them yet again over this issue? They have replaced the board and now replaced the system yet the issue still remains. I would be willing to bet they would say the Command Center is bad.

2.4K Posts

May 8th, 2010 22:00

I just got off the phone with tech support.

They tell me that ambient sensor 3 is located at the GPU shroud. They tell me that since it is working just FINE with all other versions of command center except versions A07 and A08 then it is NOT a bad Master Control Board but a bad version of  Command Center. The sensor is working fine and is connected and this issue IS NOT hardware related. He also confirmed the master control board firmware is updating fine if you are able to go to another version and that WOULD remove any corruption in the previous firmware version if it had occured.

They also said that the release of a new command center depends on how may complaints they get on the issue AKA squeaky wheel gets the oil. So make sure you guys post and call about this issue so we can get them to fix it faster.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 9th, 2010 12:00

Sent link to this thread to engineering. Will discuss it with them in Wednesday's con call.

19 Posts

May 9th, 2010 13:00

Same thing happened to me, upgraded yesterday and lost sensor 3.

30 Posts

May 9th, 2010 15:00

Some follow-up info:
- I did a complete power-off shutdown, unplugged computer, unplugged TactX keyboard and mouse, waited 30 seconds, then

- Plugged everything back in and powered on the computer, then

- Normal BIOs and bootup through windows, then

- No change in CC for Temp Sensor 3. In the past, with previous versions of CC, this would fix the missing Ambient Temp Sensor 3, BUT not this time with 2.5.52.0;A08.

- The Ambient Sensor 3 icon is still on the Desktop and updating normally.; even after the complete power down/power on restart sequence explained above.

It appears that the Ambient Sensor 3 is reading the info, but just not displaying on the CC display page?

What I would like to know if there are any other sensors or fans that CC is not detecting and displaying????? And, of course, another obvious question is the data being displayed correct/accurate?????

No Events found!