• 

54.2K Posts

May 7th, 2010 16:00

Alienware Command Center release 2.5.52.0, A08 released today

Windows 7 64bit
Alienware Desktop Area-51/Area-51 ALX
Alienware Desktop Aurora/Aurora ALX
Alienware Desktop Aurora-R2

Go here. You should be able to install it over the old one, but, my SOP is to always remove the older one, restart the PC, and then install the newer one. It's your call. Please post your results.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

33 Posts

May 10th, 2010 13:00

Hey guys, I have an AURORA ALX that got here about a week ago, I too upgraded  to 2.5.52.0  A08 but after that I did not pay much attention to it. I assumed everything was ok..until I read this post and decided to check if I was having the same issue that you guys are having with sensor 3... to my surprise, all 3 sensors are showing on CC and also on my desktop. I just uninstalled previous ver., rebooted and installed new one..no issues.  From what I've read its a hit or miss with this upgrade...hope u guys can get it resolved.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 12th, 2010 08:00

If sensor 3 is no go, please delete and create a new Command Center profile and then check sensor 3.

May 12th, 2010 14:00

2JXP2 Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire ALX Master I/O Board
P0GVP Aurora Deimos/Aurora R2 Voltaire non-ALX Master I/O Board

* Power off
* Open the case cover
* Locate the Master I/O board (not the motherboard, a smaller board)
* There is a greeen plastic jumper
* Remove the jumper from the pins, power the PC on, then off
* Replace the jumper. Did this reset the Master I/O board causing the fans and LEDs to go to factory defaults?
* Or, if the jumper was only on two of the pins, put it on the other two, power the PC on, then off
* Replace the jumper. Did this reset the Master I/O board causing the fans and LEDs to go to factory defaults?
* If not, your only recourse is to have Dell Technical Support replace the Master I/O board since the firmware is corrupted

Using the jumper to reset the Master I/O board was not successful. I called Dell Technical support and, because my system is less than 90 days old, they are sending me a replacement Aurora Desktop with the exact same specs. When it gets here, I just need to swap the hard drives and mail the old desktop back. I am a bit paranoid about installing A08 again. I think I will wait for A09.

May 12th, 2010 16:00

I am having some difficulties with this new Command Center. When I attempt to change the color, or go into Dark Mode (which has dissappeared from my menu and the key doesn't work) Command Center pops up with this issue:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.DynamicColorWheel.SetData(Action data, Boolean isBlackAllowed)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ActionColorPickerControl.SetData(Action data, Boolean allowColor, Boolean allowMorph, Boolean allowPulse, Boolean isBlackAllowed)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.EditorCustomControl.processBasicSelectedZoneChange(List`1 zoneNames)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.EditorCustomControl.zoneControl_SelectedZoneChanged(List`1 zoneNames)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ZoneControl.OnSelectedZoneChanged(List`1 zoneNames)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ZoneControl.SelectZone(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Controls.ListBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(Object item, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SetSelectedToCurrent()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnItemsChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.System.Windows.IWeakEventListener.ReceiveWeakEvent(Type managerType, Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEventToList(Object sender, EventArgs args, ListenerList list)

at System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Data.ListCollectionView.RefreshOverride()

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.Refresh()

at System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.DeferHelper.Dispose()

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.SetCollectionView(CollectionView view)

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.OnItemsSourceChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl.set_ItemsSource(IEnumerable value)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.ZoneControl.InitData(Zones zones, String deviceModel)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Editor.EditorCustomControl.showModeTabAndButtons()

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnUnchecked(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnIsCheckedChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.set_IsChecked(Nullable`1 value)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnToggle()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Brand new m11x Microsoft 7 64bit

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2010 17:00

Should I upgrade? Because my system is working perfectly. I'm worried, it may screw up my working system?

What do you suggest @Chris?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

I was lucky and don't have any of the issues reported. But If I were u I would not upgrade. There is no real advantage on this new ver, just one small "fix", if u can call it that....stay on what u have until this gets sorted out or a new version is released..(and if that happens, wait again until that new ver is confirmed to be safe xD..

LOL! Thanks XD

406 Posts

im still using 2.5.35.0 without problems.

33 Posts

I was lucky and don't have any of the issues reported. But If I were u I would not upgrade. There is no real advantage on this new ver, just one small "fix", if u can call it that....stay on what u have until this gets sorted out or a new version is released..(and if that happens, wait again until that new ver is confirmed to be safe xD..

33 Posts

May 14th, 2010 22:00

I still have the A06 stuff and its running like a charm should I upgrade and maybe risk having problems?

2.4K Posts

May 15th, 2010 02:00

If sensor 3 is no go, please delete and create a new Command Center profile and then check sensor 3.

Can't delete the default profile.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 15th, 2010 19:00

Understood. Create an additional profile and check the sensor.

2.4K Posts

May 16th, 2010 02:00

Understood. Create an additional profile and check the sensor.

Ah ok. Tried that too but it didn't do anything. It's just an ambient sensor so it's not a big deal I guess. I'm sure it will be working again on the next version. I run Core Temp on my G19 screen to track my real temps so I can wait for them to fix it.

I think If I could have just one thing fixed with it then it would be the vents working with the fan speed. Would love to see the vents close when idle and come open as the system is being taxed. 

148 Posts

June 8th, 2010 22:00

Well i installed the 2.5.52.0, A08 Command Center on my Area 51 when it released  and my fans still run spooled up to the point where it's quite bothersome 50-80% of the time even though the computer is blowing close to room temp are through the top vents. Tonight I completly uninstalled it rebooted then reinstalled and no change.

As much as it pains me I will have to call Alienware support Thursday night. I am to the point that I can not stand using the computer anymore

39 Posts

June 10th, 2010 16:00

Did automatic update to 2.5.25.0 A08 got huge page error message that was posted here. So did uninstall, reboot and then installed from zip file provided here. Needless to say had same 3rd sensor issue posted about here, tried to do new profile an such, nothing worked. As of upgrading to this version my active randoms randomly go from mid level open to full open for no reason. When the option for vent to open and flare on start is un-checked it's completely ignored and done anways on system start. Also in FX color choice menu there is what I would call the North Carolina light blue, it uses same color as even lighter blue in this version. Was forced to uninstall due to issues and concerns for fan speeds as well to A06 2.5.45.1.

148 Posts

June 11th, 2010 21:00

Well 2+ hours later with Alienware support remotly accessing my Area 51 and the agent must have decided he was at a loss and it would best to wrap the call and move on with his Friday night plans! 

He concluded by telling me that he was of the opinion that my fans running at 100% wide open speed  50% to 70%  of the time was normal behavior for the Area 51 even if it is just sitting idle on your desk

He did however mention in passing that he would look into it further and get back to me. next week. I certianly wont hold my breath

I suppose when I have another couple hours to waste I will call Alienware support again and see if anyone there can give me an intelligent diagnosis of my problem or at least offer a possible solution

And yes i know I am an idiot to expect quality support on such a high end purchase

No Events found!