* Modify GPIO setting to correct DRAM reset
* Fixed LFM state issue
* Fixing Wrong key behavior
* Fix media board OSD scancode incorrectly reported problem
* Improve the touchpad polling rate
* Made improvements in the charging algorithm
* Modify EC code to get PSID delay 1 second
* Modify the bad battery stop charge reason ID code for debug
Notes - The PC should be plugged into the AC adapter. I would disable all anti-virus software before running the update. Once you start it, do not power the PC during the process.
The details are Dell Confidential. Even if they told me (which they do not) I could not tell you. I am surprised engineering even released what they did.
Hmmm the standard down load unzips to my hard drive but no update tool launches the bios update.
I tried running it off of a flash drive through command prompt and get an error saying the program is not compatable with my version of windows (7 64bit)
So now I just tried the M15XA09.iso booting from a CD it updated WDC something but not the bios as it still showed A08
Now won't boot to windows ;-7
Have to wait till I get home to run the startup repair.
I like the way they did the a08 release where it created a bootable flash drive. I followed the instructions and get icompatible with 64 bit version of windows.
Hi Chris just tried the M11xR2 update in windows and it tells me it's incompatible with 64 bit windows?! I didn't realise this laptop came in any other OS flavours...is the BIOS update screwy or is it something I did?
Alienware Laptop M11xR2
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
* You downloaded R289597.exe to your Windows desktop
* It extracts to its own folder (C:\dell\drivers\R289597)
* Open the folder
* You then double-click Win_M11xr2a04.exe