Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2012 10:00

Alienware M11x R2 Hinge Problem

Hey,

So, I recently bought a used M11x, pristine condition, but it has that ghastly hinge problem that most R1's and R2's were said to have. It's of course out of warranty and every Dell guy I have spoken to is either stupid or doesn't get the problem. As per this article here, http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2011/09/07/dell-to-repair-broken-hinges-on-alienware-m11x-systems-globally.aspx, Dell is supposed to take care of the problem and replace the entire LCD display with the hinges without any cost. Also, it doesn't matter if the product is out of warranty, which is also clearly stated in the press release.

"Dell will repair broken hinges on any Alienware M11x system for any R1 or R2 customer worldwide regardless of warranty status."

Now, that's not the case with me. Firstly, everyone from Dell is saying that I have to extend my warranty or pay for the replacement! So, what am I supposed to do? Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks

1.8K Posts

September 6th, 2012 11:00

Hi sidx22,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the broken LCD hinge.  Dell will be able to replace the broken hinges on the Alienware M11x R1 and as well as the R2 regardless of the warranty status. Have you sent an e-mail to our Support Team yet?

If not, I suggest you to send an e-mail to AWCC-Resolution_Experts@Dell.com if you are located in the USA or Canada including the following:
1) In the subject line, please include “Alienware M11x Hinge Fix Needed”
2) System Service Tag #
3) The address where your machine is located.
4) The phone number where you can be reached and as well as the best time to reach you.

If you are located outside the USA or Canada, please follow the steps that are provided in the link that you have given in your message.

If you have bought the laptop from another person, please transfer the ownership to your name before submitting the request. To transfer the ownership onto your name, please visit the following link:
http://dell.to/qNc5Am

I hope you find this information useful. Reply to this message if you need further assistance.

8 Posts

September 6th, 2012 12:00

Hey Rajath,

Thank you so much for your reply. So, I have tried the methods from the link that I attached, however, I wasn't able to get in touch with the technical support team. Every single time, the Contact via Email page would only take me to the Extend your Warranty page. And the Phone Technical support, well, they tell me to extend my warranty or pay for the part replacement.

I will transfer the ownership on to my name soon.

Is there any way I can talk to someone who understands or tries to understand the situation and will most likely provide me with a fix?

Thanks

1.8K Posts

September 7th, 2012 09:00

* Open the top announcement "FAQ Alienware"
* Open "Alienware Laptops: Hinge Policy"

No Events found!