Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2013 22:00

Alienware M11x R2 WOL?

I have been attempting to configure this laptop for WOL (Wake On Lan). After numerous searches via the web and forums, updating to BIOS v.A04, and configuring OS\Router...I am only able to WOL when pc is in sleep or hibernate. Not when powered down. Is this possible or does anyone know of any links or threads that I missed?

- The only WOL oriented setting in the BIOS is "USB Wake"

- OS is Win7 Ultimate x64

Thanks for any help in advance,

835 Posts

April 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Army59,

I asked our engineering department, and I also tested an m11x r2 from our lab myself and it's not possible, there is no option in the BIOS to enable WOL.

835 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 16:00

Hi Army59,

I will look into this, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible to do that in the m11x r2, the BIOS does not have an option to allow that. I'll confirm this tomorrow.

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 16:00

Thank you for the response. I was holding out hope that it might mean that the feature was enabled by default. I'll go with this information then unless you confirm otherwise. Again, appreciate the time.

June 25th, 2013 22:00

I have been attempting to configure this laptop for WOL (Wake On Lan). After numerous searches via the web and forums, updating to BIOS v.A04, and configuring OS\Router...I am only able to WOL when pc is in sleep or hibernate. Not when powered down. Is this possible or does anyone know of any links or threads that I missed?

I presume this is the same for the M11X R3.

I'd be happy to enable wake from hibernate or sleep but the ethernet and wifi settings for "allow this device to wake the computer" are greyed out. is there any way to enable these on the R3?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 26th, 2013 00:00

1. I'd be happy to enable wake from hibernate or sleep

2. but the ethernet and wifi settings for "allow this device to wake the computer" are greyed out. is there any way to enable these on the R3?

1. That's the ONLY way it works (not from Off).

2. - Check BIOS for any network or S3 settings
- Turn-off or disable WiFi and use only wired ethernet
- Start Googling

No Events found!